AV Test.org tested SecureIT 2011 against the WildList, a leading benchmark for the anti-virus industry that catalogs the growing malware threat. SecureIT 2011 achieved a perfect score by successfully detecting 100% of the infections in the WildList.
AV Comparatives.org, an independent non-profit organization used as a benchmark by the security software industry, recently conducted testing of SecureIT 2011, including on-demand detection against five different categories: Worms, Backdoors/Bots, Trojans, Other Malware/Viruses, and False Positives. SecureIT 2011 scored higher in these tests than some of the leading Internet security brands today, including McAfee Antivirus, Norton Antivirus, and Trend Micro Titanium AV+.
“The security software industry has recognized SecureIT 2011 as a best-in-class Internet security platform that is more than prepared to protect the customers of our wholesale partners against evolving security threats,” said Robert O’Dell, President, CEO of SecurityCoverage. “Consumers increasingly look to their ISP for Internet security protection. SecureIT 2011 gives ISPs the necessary tools to exceed this expectation.”
SecureIT 2011, a turnkey Microsoft Windows® Certified security software, is the leading Internet security package for the independent telco sector. With its latest wholesale partner, Enhanced Telecommunications, SecureIT 2011 is now safeguarding the customers of over 320 telco ISPs across North America, representing over 25% of the entire independent telco sector.
Offered since 2004 by SecurityCoverage, improvements in this latest edition include:
• Enhanced Malware Detection and Rapid Response Technology – SecureIT 2011 is now better than ever at catching the latest virus and spyware on the Internet with virtually no false positives.
• New Management Console - Includes new status icons and messages, a more refined layout for options, and improved back-office functionality for all tasks.
• Improved Automatic Updates – More frequent definition and product updates are managed by a new advanced update infrastructure, providing automatic protection against corrupt and/or missing definitions.
• New Support Options - SecureIT Live and SecureIT Plus now offer customer support chat sessions and remote connections directly through the SecureIT 2011 console. No need for a separate application. Chat features also include instant print and/or e-mail of chat logs, providing quality assurance.
• 30-day Free Trial Option - SecureIT 2011 will include a new option for end customers to trial the product for 30 days free of charge.
SecureIT 2011 is now available and joins SecurityCoverage’
# # #
SecurityCoverage provides fully managed, fully supported, corporate-style desktop computing security and technical support services to individual users through a partnership group of ISPs, Telecommunications and Cable companies, and Financial Institutions. Based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the privately owned company offers SecureIT, SecureIT Live, and SecureIT Plus as well as Online Backup for seamless data backup and recovery. SecurityCoverage also offers virtual PC repair and support services with TotalTech, ISP Support Services, Premium Portal, CleverAssist and Password Genie. For more information, visit www.securitycoverage.com.companies across the nation.