You can dress up your windows accessories such as curtains and blinds. Both of these are capable of giving your house, a touch of sophistication and grandeur which perfectly matches with the right shades of paint and fabrics.
Most common blinds are the Romans and Venetians. Both types of blinds originated way back in time and some considered these as old-fashioned types. However, these blinds are getting trendy and are greatly preferred by many because they are more convenient and flexible to use. Like any other house decor a blind needs to be complemented with the interior of the house. Choosing the right style and color of the blind for your window would not be hard if you consider some simple tips.
• White/beige blinds and curtains are the safest ones. They go and blend with any interior. These are best for minimalist type of rooms.
• Venetian blinds and curtains with vertical stripes designs are best for low-ceilinged rooms. This creates an illusion of making the room more spacious.
• Rooms with open spaces need more warmth. So, in this case, blinds and curtains with warm colors are suitable.
• Rooms with warm shades or paints need more cooling effects. Aluminum blinds brushed with cooling shades are applicable for this room. This also adds more elegance to the room.
• You need also to consider the fabrics of curtains and roman blinds. To save money on buying new textural fabrics you can opt to adding some accessories available in your house.
• Feminine rooms can go great with curtains and roman blinds in printed fabrics. Although there are printed curtains suitable for a masculine themed room, venetian blinds are more considerable for this type of room.
• For a family room try to go neutral. Choose blinds and curtains with unisex designs.
These are just simple tips to consider in choosing window accessories. Whatever design you want you can apply these tips to come up with an attractive and more appealing house. You can also try mixing and contrasting the colors of your blinds and curtains with the shade of your wall but avoid overdoing it. Overdoing it might imply an impression of incongruity.
However, if you don't have time to plan and shop for these accessories suitable for your windows you can always hire an interior designer to do the job for you. This may cost you a lot though. Another option is to look for these in online shops.
Whatever look and design you want for your house you must give more attention to your windows. Sometimes window treatment is all you need to make your house look great.
# # #
Providing quality home services such as aircon, painting, curtains, cabinets etc