“I joined the Houseplans.com talented team because the way people build homes is changing and this company is on the cusp of that change – harnessing the power of the Internet to design and build homes,” said Lisa Kalmbach, chief executive officer, Houseplans.com. “We use all the resources of the Web to bring high quality home design to the mass market at an affordable price. Our Internet platform allows us to offer an exceptionally diverse and continuously updated inventory of plans, lower design and engineering costs, speed up the design process, and create an interactive online community to share information and advice.”
Kalmbach has held a variety of strategic, operating, and marketing positions in the real estate industry. Prior to New Montgomery Partners, she held various positions with KB Home, a Fortune 500 company, including senior vice president, and regional general manager of the Northern California divisions building over 3,000 homes per year. Kalmbach launched a new retail design concept at KB Home to give the consumer the ability to personalize a home with a variety of design upgrades, and grew the business to more than 30 locations with more over $1 billion in housing product sales.
• Ever-expanding and highly varied architectural plan inventory includes exclusive
designs by nationally recognized architects like Not So Big House author Sarah Susanka, FAIA; proprietary designs like our Flexahouse ranch house plans by architect Nick Noyes; Flexa Studio by Modern Cabana; Backyard Cottages for aging-in-place by Larson Shores Architects; rare historic designs such as Mid-Century Modern Eichlers, and Sea Ranch Cottages by William Turnbull, FAIA; and international designs by architects in Australia, Brazil, India, and Italy.
• In the Cloud: With more than 30,000 online designs, Houseplans.com is the industry leader in using the Web to simplify the home design process and provide affordable, high quality architectural house plans to everyone.
• Weekly design and social media blogs: Eye On Design blog by Editor-in-Chief Daniel Gregory, Ph. D., former Senior Home Editor of Sunset Magazine showcases new home products, trends, and design ideas. Dan is the author of Cliff May and the Modern Ranch House (Rizzoli, 2008), as well as numerous articles on California architecture, and oversees all website content. The just launched interactive Building Stories blogs chronicle home construction as a series of Case Studies with comments from readers.
• Customized online newsletters for individuals building their homes, professional homebuilders, architects, and designers.
• Global online design department developed and managed by Chief-of-Design Nicholas Lee, AIA. The design department completes hundreds of house plan modifications and custom home plans each year for clients around the world. Nick designed the Online Ranch House Plan 508-1.
-Link to Ranch House case study: http://home.houseplans.com/
Not your father’s stock house plans company. With more than 30,000 online designs, Houseplans.com is the industry leader in providing high quality architectural house plans. We use all the resources of the Web to simplify the home building process and bring high quality home design to the mass market at an affordable price. Our Internet platform allows us to offer an exceptionally diverse and continuously updated inventory of plans, lower design and engineering costs, speed up the design process, and create an interactive online community to share information and advice. Find out more here: