• The open enrollment period takes place from July 1 through August 14 for 2011.
• To be eligible, residents must complete and submit their application during the open enrollment period and the application must be received by the carrier.
• Effective dates may be from the date of the application or the first day of the month following application submission, or a mutually agreed upon date between applicant and carrier.
Eligibility During Open Enrollment
• All children who are residents of South Dakota are eligible and coverage is guaranteed issue so they cannot be declined because of their health.
• Policies cannot be issued with riders or amendments
• If a child currently has a policy with a rider, they can apply to any carrier to be issued coverage without a rider.
• Coverage through Medicaid, CHIP, state or federal high risk pools, or with a rider IS NOT A REASON to deny coverage.
• A child can only be denied coverage because he or she already has coverage through a group plan or has other creditable coverage, or has had coverage cancelled or lapsed within 90 days of applying.
• Despite these health plans being guaranteed issue, underwriting may still occur and may include an interview and supplemental forms. Any supplemental forms must be completed and signed by a parent/legal guardian and returned to the health insurance companies underwriting. Failure to return any required forms will result in the policy not being issued.
"For parents of children with medical needs, this is a great opportunity to get their children the individual health insurance coverage they deserve," said Alex Rivlin, CEO of InsureMonkey. "We've been anticipating this for several months and are pleased to offer these plans throughout the open-enrollment period."
Mr. Rivlin advises that parents don't wait to shop for the coverage their children need because the open enrollment period will begin soon. "Many of our customers apply and receive coverage the next day," said Mr. Rivlin. "For others, it may take a few weeks to complete the process and receive coverage and that's why parents should take advantage of this opportunity on July 1st."
InsureMonkey is the quickest and easiest way for individuals and families to buy health insurance. It provides a simple online tool that allows consumers to get free health insurance quotes from leading companies without providing invasive personal information. Customers are provided quotes, information and options that allow for educated and informed decisions when purchasing health insurance. Once a customer has selected the plan that’s right for them, InsureMonkey enables the customer to apply for the plan online.
InsureMonkey fully automates the quoting, application and enrollment process of becoming insured. It is offered as a free public resource, charges no application fees, no broker fees, and its tools, support and services are free for life. To learn more about how to get the best rates, compare plans and buy personal health insurance online please visit www.insuremonkey.com or call 1-800-771-3739.
# # #
InsureMonkey fully automates the quoting, application and enrollment process of becoming insured. It is offered as a free public resource, charges no application fees, no broker fees, and its tools, support and services are free for life.