Imagine how great it would be to have a coaches' recap online right after the game, a parent's photo of the winning goal, a fan's personalized recounting of the action on your website, and a student athlete's first-person account of the action. It's like having dozens of dedicated sports reporters at your service.
Privacy is protected because fans log in to their Magic Hour website using their regular school login and password and get to the blogging area through the sports schedule, where they just click on Recap to make a post. Like other social media sites, the fan's profile picture and screen name are displayed. All the comments, conversations, and photos remain within the school because users log in to see the posts.
With live sports blogging, fans can:
• Post comments about games and upload their favorite photos. They can also download images from other fans' posts.
• Have a virtual online conversation during the game or after using any internet-connected device, whether it is a computer, an iPad, or an iPhone or Android smartphone.
• Access the blogging through their regular school login, making the sharing of photos and comments fast, easy, and fun.
• Post to a single location -- your website -- where sharing is easy and private. No more setting up a separate Facebook page for each sport. It's all right there, already set up, on your own website.
• Capture the action and preserve it for the entire school community's enjoyment later.
The new feature is free with Magic Hour's Athletics Module. Learn more by contacting Mike D'Virgilio, Vice President of Business Development, at 866-211-5510 or miked@magic-
# # #
Magic Hour Communications designs and develops advanced Web sites for schools and colleges. We provide strategy, design, CMS and ongoing hosting and support, and integrate the sites with other databases and systems, and develop custom applications.