The study was performed in Genoa, Italy, where they studied the contribution environmental tobacco smoke made to carcinogen exposure in 15 active smokers. They found that the environmental tobacco smoke may have a significant impact on smokers’ health.
For someone who smokes 14 cigarettes a day, their own second-hand smoke resulted in exposure the equivalent of smoking an extra 2.6 cigarettes. This changes the number of cigarettes someone thinks he or she is smoking each day. And that is not so good.
With this extra little detail thrown onto the pile of negativity that surrounds smoking, here are some tips on kicking the habit.
1. Toss out all cigarettes and ashtrays from your home, car, and work. Set a day you will quit. Don’t allow smoking in your house. Don’t allow yourself a relapse. Tell family and friends that you’re quitting and ask them not to smoke near you.
2. At first, busy yourself with tasks to take your mind off smoking. Also, alter your daily routine. Eat or drink different things, go different places, anything to remove things that will remind you of smoking. Drink lots of water and juice. Reduce stress.
3. Contact local branches of the Lung Association for material on how to quit smoking. Contact area hospitals and health centers may have programs you can join to help ease the transition.
4. The best smokeless tobacco product has been found to be the “patch.” Give it a try if you need to.
5. Studies have found that those under hypnosis abstain from smoking more often than others trying to quit. Try hypnotherapy from a therapist or practice self-hypnosis. Both involve power of suggestion while being in a sort of trance.
6. Lobelia is the best herbal remedy. The flowering herb contains “lobeline”
And remember, you can always get more natural health advice, the latest alternative health breakthroughs and news, plus information about nutrition, alternative remedies and cures and doctors health advice, all free when you sign up for the Doctors Health Press e-Bulletin. Visit http://www.doctorshealthpress.com/
The Snack That Makes You Smarter & 11 Other Brain-Boosting Super Foods
FREE report reveals the foods that could help you maintain your healthy brain function and also could help you remember names and places easier. It will be like your mind has turned back the clock! Click here to get your FREE report.
# # #
Doctors Health Press has been providing thousands of readers with accurate and up-to-date free health advice and natural health breakthroughs through newsletters and health reports all geared to helping you live a longer, healthier and happier life.