A major change occurs during the Autumn. As well as having to adjust to cooler temperatures outside, the change in weather also triggers moulting and the growth of your dog’s Winter coat, which requires special care and attention to keep it in peak condition. Mikki, the grooming, training and healthcare experts, have some advice to help care for your dog’s coat and skin health during the Autumn months.
Daily brushing is essential, regardless of your dog’s coat type
Good grooming is key to promoting healthy skin. Brushing encourages blood flow, removes dead skin and hair which can cause minor irritations, as well as stimulates natural oil production while distributing it all over the coat, helping to make it healthy and glossy.
Preventative health check
A good daily grooming regime enables owners to undertake a health check which can give an early warning of ill health, such as skin sores, flaky skin, rashes, cuts, bumps and bruises. Grooming your pet on a daily basis will benefit not only the shine on their coat but also improve their overall well being.
Mikki has a wide range of grooming tools that cater for every breed, coat and even temperament:
- Begin your grooming regime with the Mikki Slicker Brush which has specially shaped slicker pins. They are mounted on an air cushion to enhance grooming action and reduce any excessive brushing force while grooming out any big knots and tangles.
- Then use the Mikki Anti Tangle Comb which is designed by grooming experts to help reduce the pressure exerted when combing your pet’s coat. The 360º spinning teeth tease through tangles to allow you to easily remove loose hair and dirt, leaving your pet's coat looking healthy and shiny.
- The next step is to remove any excess hair caused by seasonal moulting. The Mikki Moult Master is a professional tool that enables the undercoat and dead hair to be removed painlessly, giving an even, glossy finish to the coat.
- Finally, if your house is suffering from the effects of a moulting pet, the Mikki Pet Hair Magnet removes hair quickly and easily from clothes and furniture.
- For more nervous pets the Mikki Gentle Grooming Cotton Glove allows gentle but effective grooming. With circular protrusions that cause friction between the glove and coat, loose and dead hair can be gathered.
For a video demonstration of these products being used, log onto YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/
For more guidance on the best tools to use for your particular breed and coat type, log onto the Mikki website at: www.mikkipet.com and use the interactive product selector by checking the boxes that are relevant to your pet to view all the recommended products.
For further information on Mikki products and stockists go to: http://www.interpet.co.uk/
For press enquiries, contact thebluedoor:
Tel: 01252 899969 / Email: Richard Woods firstname.lastname@example.org
Toni O’Sullivan email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
Mikki is the market leading pet accessories brand in the UK, owned by Interpet Ltd
Mikki offers a wide range of grooming, training and care products – catering for almost every breed and type of pet problem
For more information about Mikki visit
Interpet offers one of the largest pet and aquatic product ranges, incorporating 12 different brands including: Interpet, Blagdon, Kent Marine, Mikki, PetLove, PetSafe, Four Paws, Super Pet and Nylabone
For more details about Interpet visit: www.interpet.co.uk
- ENDS -