If you’re taking your pets on holiday this summer, Mikki, the grooming, training and healthcare experts, has suggested a range of travel-friendly products that can help make your trip trouble-free.
Here are Mikki’s ten top travelling tips for happy, hassle-free holidays:
1. Belt up – The Mikki Car Harness is a must-have for keeping your dog safe on car journeys. It is easy to fit, clipping straight into your car’s seatbelt system, and is fully adjustable to fit your breed.
2. Keep cool – The Mikki Car Vent is essential kit for keeping dogs cool whilst on the move. In case you get stuck in traffic, always carry a bottle of fresh water in your car for your pet too.
3. Save your seats – Travelling with puppies can be a challenge if they’re not completely house-trained!
4. Wash and brush up – Pack a pet wash bag with essential items to keep your pet looking and feeling great. Mikki Top & Tail Wipes are great for keeping clean on-the-go. To give your pet’s coat a healthy, glossy finish, give them a brush up with Mikki Grooming Wipes which also have a cologne fragrance - great for freshening up. For tip top dental health, Mikki Toothpaste Wipes help to remove plaque from teeth and gums and aid the fight against bacteria that causes bad breath and gum disease. The cool mint taste also leaves your pet feeling fresh and re-vitalised.
5. Play it safe – No self-respecting traveller would leave home without a first aid kit in their suitcase. Make sure your pet is cared for too by packing some basic first aid equipment. Mikki Tea Tree Spray and Mikki Tea Tree Wipes help care for wounds, cuts and grazes, as well as avoiding infections and soothing the skin.
6. Entertain me – Long car journeys can be boring for everyone – including your dog. Be prepared with a selection of Mikki PlayRite Rubber Toys. The range of tough toys is great for chewing and teaching your dog how to play. An extra benefit is that they help keep your dog’s teeth and gums clean and healthy too.
7. Lead the way - Don’t forget to pack a spare lead when you’re off on your holidays. The Mikki Multi Lead is ideal for hands-free dog walking, and is even suitable for walking two dogs on the same lead. It also offers extra control which is useful if your dog is in a new environment or is prone to chasing.
8. Banish boredom – Keep your dog entertained while away from home with the Mikki BehaveRite Boredom Ball. This toy provides prolonged interest and entertainment for your dog as it allows you to hide treats inside the ball, also encouraging learning by playing.
9. Keep calm – Most pets dislike being in the car and travelling can be a stressful experience for them. Gentle brushing and massaging is a great way to help keep your pet calm and relaxed. The Mikki Massage Brush gently massages the skin and helps relieve stress and anxiety. Alternatively, the Mikki Cotton Glove is a gentle grooming glove with circular protrusions that cause friction between the glove and coat, allowing loose and dead hair to be gathered.
10. Sleep tight – For dogs on the move, the Mikki Crate Bed is a warm and cosy bed for travelling pets. It is ideal for use with Mikki Training Crates which are ideal carriers for safe car travel and provide a safe and secure place for your pet to relax. The crate also folds down for easy transportation and storage.
For further information on Mikki products and stockists go to: http://www.interpet.co.uk/