“The costs associated with moving your possessions from one location to another can be a significant burden, especially given today’s economy,” said Jim Soda, team leader of The Soda Group at Keller Williams Realty in Lakewood Ranch, Florida.
If you are planning on moving during the busy summer season, the following tips from Two Men and a Truck will help you save both time and money.
1. Pack all items into boxes and tape all boxes closed with packing tape. Do not use duct, Scotch or masking tapes.
2. Label all boxes by room and contents to save time when movers unload them from the truck into your new home.
3. To reduce load time, as you pack your boxes, take them to the garage or to a common area on the main floor.
4. Disassemble and reassemble items such as beds, cribs, entertainment units, etc., yourself.
5. Make sure all electronics are disconnected and wires are removed or taped tightly to the item.
6. Be prepared for the movers. Packing or disassembling items while the movers are present will increase load time and costs.
7. Move all miscellaneous unboxed items such as lamps, pictures, toys, yard tools, etc., yourself.
8. Disconnect washers/dryers/
9. Reserve ample parking for the moving trucks, as long walks add to the load and unload time.
10. Make sure there is a clear walkway for the movers to get to and from the truck.
11. Be at the new location on the day of the move so movers know where to place furniture and other items.
“With some advance preparation, you can reduce your expenses considerably,”
The Soda Group is a member of the RISMedia Top 5 in Real Estate network and is authorized to use this content. The Soda Group can be reached at the Keller Williams Lakewood Ranch office, 6710 Professional Parkway West, Suite 301, Sarasota, Florida 34240. Telephone: (941) 840-1168 or (941) 961-5857. Website:www.TheSodaGroup.com.