If you are looking for an escape from the usual tourist traps, a family outing the kids won't forget, a group or reunion activity, or just a chance to savor the beauty of the Smoky Mountains, Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa is the place to go. Travel back in time and experience the Smokies as the early settlers did 200 years ago as they crossed the mountains on horseback seeing these mountains and valleys for the very first time. Enjoy relaxing outdoor family activities such as fishing in our stocked fishing pond, mining for gems at our gem mine, and visiting the animals at our petting zoo. Our shaded picnic area is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a snack or meal from Chow-Boys Cafe. And for the truly adventurous, take a guided ATV ride that will take you through creeks and along mountain trails.
Big Rock Dude Ranch at Ponderosa is located just minutes away from Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and all the shops, restaurants and local attractions such as Dollywood, Ripley's Aquarium and the Music Row theaters.
• Guaranteed Best Horseback Riding in the Smokies
• Stocked Fishing Pond (no license required)
• Gem Mining
• Free Petting Zoo
• Shaded Picnic Areas for relaxing outdoor activities
• Chow-Boys Cafe - grab a drink or snack before or after your horseback ride in the Smoky Mountains
• ATV Rides thru Smoky Mtn. creeks and mountain trails
• Open Daily 9am - 5pm (weather permitting)
• No Reservation Required
• Our horses are selected for their good temperament and disposition
• With over 80 head of horse, we do not have a weight limit but sometimes the larger horses are out. If you wish to ride and weigh over 250 lbs, please contact us to be sure we have a horse to accomodate you during your visit.
• Our horses are in great shape and we are extremely proud of our Gilliham and Associates #1 Rating for safety (a very difficult rating to acquire)
• This rating is a result of our strict guideline for safety. Every rider is asked to view a 4 minute safety video prior to loading.
• Our loading ramps are designed so that you do not have to pull yourself up into the saddle. All the rider must do is place their hand on the saddle horn and throw a leg over the horse and they are ready to ride.
• Young children are allowed to double with an adult
• Safety helmets are available for every guest upon request
• Our horses receive food and water at all times when not working the trail.
• Our stables are the cleanest and safest in the area.
• Our trail is a 3.5 mile mountain ride with beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains
# # #
"We have ridden here before and it is always a wonderful experience. The trail winds around through the foothills in beautiful scenery. The only sound is of the horses which makes it relaxing. We enjoy seeing the animals on the ranch and the pond area is very serene. The horses seem well-cared for and are enjoyable to ride." - Customer Testimonial