PRLog - June 3, 2011 - GIBRALTAR, Gibraltar -- Things to take into consideration when purchasing carbon credits....
• Are the credits visible on the public registry? If not, why not?
• What standard are they? For investment purposes GS and VCS are the best options in the voluntary market.
• Are you forward buying? If so beware of pricing and delivery risk and the company you purchase from should be FSA regulated.
• To whom are you making your payment? It should go DIRECT to the provider / seller of the credits and NOT a third party escrow company, agent or similar.
• Where do your credits go once you have purchased them? If you have been invited to open a trading account then be aware of the costs which start at around 800 GBP plus further annual membership fees which are usually in the region of 100 GBP upwards.
• What, if any, returns have you been promised? Remember carbon credits are spot trades and THERE ARE NO FIXED OR GUARANTEED RETURNS!
• Ask about the exit strategy and how and when are your credits going to be sold? There are costs associated with this and you may have to do some work to find someone to sell on your behalf or open a trading account and manage yourself unless a genuine alternative is available.
• Remember, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is!!
# # #
About Baron Traders Limited. Below is a brief summary of the services and support we can offer.
• VCS, VCS+ and Gold Standard credits fully completed and publicly registered
• Exclusive projects tailored to your own particular preferences whether they be geographical, standard or project type
• Genuine exit strategy available and the facility for your clients to have their credits held on the registry at no additional cost
• Clients will have their own unique username and password to log in via the provider to see their credits held on the registry
• Highly competitively priced VERs with comparables available
• Full back office system with your own unique login and password to track all deals from start to finish
• All monetary transactions are handled direct by the UK provider offering full security, peace of mind and flexibility with payment methods.
• Our projects are now approved for SIPP, QRUPS, QNUPS & SSAS!
• Coming soon ISA’s!