Juba is hosting Reality Show Rundown Month as a tie-in to her Amazon Kindle bestselling mystery suspense novel Sink or Swim, about a former reality show contestant who attracts a stalker after returning to her normal life. During the series of interviews, eight former reality show contestants will candidly discuss what was the best part about being on their show, the hardest part, and whether being in the spotlight helped to advance their career goals. They will also discuss whether they would recommend the reality show experience, how you handle being on TV after tragedy strikes in your real life, and share behind the scenes tips on trying out for a reality show.
Throughout the month, Juba will also publish information about Sink or Swim, which is available in trade paperback from Mainly Murder Press and in multiple e-book editions, as well as excerpts from the book.
The schedule is as follows:
1. Call for SOS! 8 Ways to Help Sink or Swim Sail Toward the Bestseller List – May 28
2. Billy Garcia, Survivor: Cook Islands – June 1
3. Michelle Costa, Big Brother 10 - June 2
4. Betty Fraser, Top Chef – June 3
5. Shawn Bakken, Beauty and the Geek – June 7
6. Walking the Plank Excerpt from Sink or Swim – June 8
7. David Olsen, winner of Beauty and the Geek – June 9
8. Guest author Steve Kamps’ article Examining the Relationship Between Reality TV and Us – June 11
9. Leslie Haywood, Shark Tank - June 13
10. Reality Show Rundown Month Media Release - June 14
11. Hashim Trends Locario, I Love New York – June 15
12 Losing the Reality Show – Excerpt 2 from Sink or Swim – June 18
13. Natalie Getz, winner of Bachelor Pad - June 20
14. In Conclusion: 8 Tips on Trying Out for a Reality Television Show - June 22
"You don’t need to be a reality show fan to enjoy Sink or Swim, which is a cross between a cozy mystery and a romantic suspense novel," said Juba, a former reporter and the recipient of more than a dozen journalism awards. "But I do think that readers who enjoy reality shows will get a kick out of the premise, and that's the niche group that I'm trying to reach with Reality Show Rundown Month - reality show fans/readers who are looking for a fun summer beach read. As a former reporter for magazines and newspapers, I had a great time doing these interviews. I learned a lot about what happens on these shows behind the scenes, and what it takes to be a contestant. What happens to my character Cassidy after appearing on her reality show, Sink or Swim, is anything but typical, though."
In the book, after starring on a hit game show set aboard a Tall Ship, personal trainer Cassidy Novak discovers that she has attracted a stalker. Soon, she will need to call SOS for real. The novel has been endorsed by Stephenie LaGrossa, fan favorite Survivor: Palau, Guatemala, Heroes vs. Villains; Michelle Costa of Big Brother 10; and Shawne Morgan of The Amazing Race 16.
Juba is also the author of the acclaimed mystery suspense novel Twenty-Five Years Ago Today and the patriotic children's picture book The Flag Keeper.
To access each post in the Reality Show Rundown Month series, visit http://stacyjuba.com/
# # #
I am the author of mystery novels including Twenty-Five Years Ago Today and Sink or Swim, and the children's book The Flag Keeper. I'm also a former award-winning newspaper reporter. More information is available on my web sites http://www.stacyjuba.com.