The unique butter dish keeps butter at the perfect "spreading" consistency by reflecting outside heat while insulating and cooling the butter. Flavor and freshness is protected by an airtight seal of water at the base of your blue butter crock.
For proper maintenance:
The butter crock holds up to one full stick (1/2 cup) of butter. Softened butter is packed firmly into the bell-shaped lid. Cold water is poured into the base of the crock. The lid is placed upside down back into the base of the crock. Soft, spreadable butter may be enjoyed and served right from the crock
What do I do if my butter falls into the water in the base of the crock?
Usually once you get the hang of using your Butter crock, this problem is easily solved.
Here are some helpful hints and suggestions for proper use of the Butter Bell crock:
· Do not allow the butter to become too soft before packing it into the bell shaped lid. The butter should be firm enough so that is not slipping off the knife before packing the lid. When the butter is slightly firmer it packs into the lid better - just use a little "elbow grease".
· When packing the butter into the bell shaped lid, make sure you press the butter firmly into the lid, removing all air pockets. Air pockets within the butter create a suction affect when the lid is removed from the water, pulling the butter out of the lid.
· When using your Butter Bell crock, do not let the "Bell" sit out of the crock base for extended periods of time.
· After each use, check the remaining butter in lid to ensure there aren't any air pockets. Use your knife to redistribute the remaining butter within the lid for better adherence tension.
· Make sure that the Butter Bell crock is stored away from sunlight and heat. For instance, do not store on a counter near a stove/oven or in a window sill.
· Use the coldest water possible when adding water in the base of the crock. Perhaps add a few small, smashed ice cubes if you live in a very warm climate. Make sure you're changing the water every 3 days. This step ensures fresher butter for longer periods of time.
· Wash thoroughly between use
For more information please visit: http://www.butterbell.com/