PRLog - May 25, 2011 - OKLAHOMA CITY -- Who knew the Genesis sedan could get any better? Oh that’s right, Edmond Hyundai! This refreshed sports sedan has everybody over here talking & orders have already been coming in. The all-new 2012 Hyundai Genesis features an enhanced look, new available engines and wheel options along with its sport-tuned transmission, suspension and steering calibrations for exhilarating vehicle dynamics.
Hyundai delivered now offering the new 5.0-liter V8 R-spec model, enhanced with the Direct Injection V6 Engine and new Eight-Speed Transmission improving driving dynamics and refinement. Also new for the 2012 year, Hyundai will offer new direct injection technology for its Lambda V6 engine and enhanced chassis tuning.
Although a lot is the same as the 2011 year, all Genesis models are now coupled with a new in-house eight-speed transmission efficiency by six percent over the former six-speed. All eight-speed transmissions will include SHIFTTRONIC manual shift capability making this the first offered by a non-luxury branded manufacturer.
Get yours on the list to be ordered at Edmond Hyundai today; the 2012 Genesis will be available on our lots in the upcoming months, but if your in the mood to have the Genesis sports sedan right now you just shop us online at http://edmondhyundai.com.
Not content to rest on its laurels, Hyundai’s design team has sought to make a great Genesis exterior design even better for 2012. For the front view, the grille has been enhanced, a more aggressive front fascia with larger intake openings was developed, and the headlights have been redesigned, adding LED accents and daytime running lights (DRLs). From the side view, the standard 17-inch alloy wheel design has been freshened and the rocker panels have been refined. In addition, the mirrors now incorporate optional puddle lamps, while the side window surround now receives a decidedly sporty brushed aluminum finish. From the rear view, the taillights have been redesigned and new dual asymmetrical exhaust tips are more cleanly integrated with a new bumper fascia.
NEW SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES:
For 2012, Genesis adds daytime running lamps to all models. Further, Genesis offers a newly developed Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), available on the 3.8 Technology package, 4.6 and 5.0 R-Spec models. Braking is also improved on both the 3.8 and 4.6 models. The 3.8 model front rotor size increases from 12.6 inches to 13.0 inches, while adding higher performance 4-piston brake calipers, and the 4.6 model front brake rotors increase from 13.0 inches to 13.6 inches for greater fade resistance.
NEW TECHNOLOGY AND FEATURES:
Genesis 3.8 Standard Equipment
2012 Genesis will also increase its impressive list of standard equipment, adding headlight LED accents and daytime running lights (DRLs) and outside mirror puddle lamps.
Genesis 3.8 Premium Package
The 3.8 Premium Package will now offer newly developed power-folding outside mirrors. For 2012, the 3.8 Premium package will also include rearview camera, DVD navigation system with seven-inch touchscreen, XM NavTraffic, and 18-inch Hyper Silver split-spoke alloy wheels.
Genesis 3.8 Technology Package
The 3.8 Technology package will continue to satisfy tech-savvy buyers, adding a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), thin-film-transistor LCD gauge cluster readout and heated rear seats.
Genesis 3.8 Standard Features
• 3.8-liter GDI DOHC V6 with Dual CVVT with 333HP
• Front & rear independent five-link suspension
• 17-inch alloy wheels with P225/55R17 tires
• Four-wheel disc brakes with Brake Assist
• Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS) and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System (OCS), front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side-curtain airbags
• Electronic active front head restraints
• Automatic headlights with Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
• Headlight LED accents / Fog lights
• Acoustic laminated windshield and front windows
• Heated dual power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators and puddle lamps
• Leather seating surfaces with Power and heated front seats
• Power windows with front auto-down/up with pinch protection
• Electroluminescent gauge cluster
• Proximity key with push-button start
• Dual automatic temperature control
• Electrochromic auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with compass
• iPod®/USB and MP3 auxiliary input jacks
• Carpeted floor mats
3.8 Premium Package (02) MSRP: $4,800
• Power tilt-and-slide glass sunroof
• Tailored leather-wrapped dash and door trim inserts
• Integrated memory system (IMS)
• Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
• Power rear sunshade
• Rain-sensing wipers with auto defogger windshield
• DVD Navigation system with7-inch touchscreen display
• XM NavTraffic® with 90-day trial
• 18-inch Hyper Silver split-spoke alloy wheels with 235/50R18 V-Let Michelin tires
• Rearview camera
3.8 Technology Package (03) MSRP: $4,000
REQUIRES Premium Package
• Ultimate Navigation system with8-inch display
• Six-disc DVD changer
• Driver Information System (DIS) with multimedia controller
• Smart cruise control
• Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
• TFT LCD Cluster Display
• Electronic parking brake with automatic vehicle hold
• HID Xenon, adaptive (auto-cornering)
• Front and rear parking assistance system
• Cooled driver seat
• Heated Rear Seats
(In addition to or in place of Genesis 3.8 TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE equipment):
• 4.6-liter DOHC V8 with 385HP (premium fuel) / 378HP (regular)
• Chrome lower bodyside moldings
• Electrochromic auto-dimming outside mirrors
• Illuminated door sill plates
Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
(In addition to or in place of Genesis 4.6 equipment):
• 5.0-liter GDI DOHC V8 with 429HP
• 19-inch Premium Machined Finish alloy wheels with P235/45R19 tires
• Unique headlamps w/dark chrome inserts
• Unique R-Spec embroidered floor mats
• R-Spec rear deck lid badging
# # #
Edmond Hyundai is a new Hyundai and used car dealership located in north Oklahoma City and south Edmond. We sell Hyundai parts and accessories. We service and repair all models of cars, trucks, vans and suv. Visit us at http://www.edmondhyundai.com