Film Arts Integration Into Education enters into the international spotlight once again with the upcoming HBO docudrama "To Big To Fail," scheduled to air May 23, 2011.
Reference Materials: http://www.hbo.com/
In April, the Academy Award Winning Documentary, "The Inside Job" focused the attention of world leaders and audiences, while strategic planning and contingency discussions reached the UN Commission for Human Rights and Security Council:
* Financial Crimes Referred to UN Commission on Human Rights - Security Council: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 13 April 2011.
* Apatow Asks G20 to View Documentary:
* Apatow On G20 Action Plan to Address the International Economic Emergency: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 16 April 2011.
* Apatow: Documentary w/study Guide Targets Every U.S. City - Prime Time: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 18 April 2011.
* Apatow: Inside Job - Prosecution for Financial Crimes Top Priority - FINCEN - Interpol - IBA: HRI-ICC: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 19 April 2011.
* Apatow: Jurisdiction Critical for Prosecution of Financial Crimes - FINCEN - Interpol - IBA: HRI-ICC: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 22 April 2011.
On 2 May 2011, the death of Osama Bin Laden refocused international security discussions on the War Against Terrorism, 911 and the geosystemic economic shock that facilitated the crash of global financial markets:
* UN Security Council Appeal - Counterterrorism - Geoeconomic Security: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 3 May 2011.
* UN Security Council Discussions on Geoeconomic Security Continue: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 6 May 2011.
* UN Security Council Geoeconomic Security - Greek Restructure:
The challenges presented in these documentary films, have impacted every home, in every community, in every UN member country. Today, it is critical that we bridge the gap between the educational initiative and relief effort, to assist those in the audience, that many times remain perplexed and in crisis.
Leadership in the Face of Adversity, Against the Odds and Outside of the Box
2010 marked 20 years of dedication to humanitarian relief efforts and policy development by H-II: Stephen Michael Apatow, founder of the Humanitarian Resource Institute and United Nations Arts Initiative. Since 1989, national project development and advocacy work included the formation of Humanitarian Resource Institute, to "Bridge Unmet Needs to Untapped Resources." As director of research and development for the Humanitarian University Consortium Graduate Studies Center for Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Law, he promotes leadership development through strategic planning, critical analysis, expert think tank development for background discussions, peer reviewed data compilation and communications that engage decision makers and target audiences on the grassroots level in 192 United Nations member countries. Today, this work continues through the United Nations Arts Initiative and global promotion of "Arts Integration Into Education."
To learn more about "Leadership in the Face of Adversity, Against the Odds and Outside of the Box," visit:
H-II: Stephen Michael Apatow is available for lectures, consultations and interviews, with voice/video network capabilities that can reach every UN member country.
1. Tim Goodman on HBO's Wall Street Crash Film 'Too Big to Fail' : Hollywood Reporter, 13 May 2011. Url: www.hollywoodreporter.com/
# # #
Humanitarian Resource Institute United Nations Arts Initiative: Promoting the arts as a vehicle for solution oriented strategic planning and development across the globe.