Registration Includes lunch: Register at FearlessCaregiver.com or by calling (877) 829-2734. Danbury Plaza is located at 18 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury. Event starts at 8am.
Gary Barg, writer and publisher on caregiving issues since 1995, is Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the first national magazine for caregivers, Today’s Caregiver, as well the original online caregiver community, caregiver.com is the host of the Western Connecticut Fearless Caregiver Conference.
Gary Barg and experts in non-profit, home care, insurance, aging and professional caregiving will spend the day training families at this one day seminar and lunch. A limited number of complimentary family caregiver tickets are being sponsored by the Western Connecticut Area Agency on Aging and FearlessCaregiver.com.
Speakers for the Western Connecticut Fearless Caregiver Conference to include:
• Christine Fishbein, Executive Director of the Western Connecticut Area Agency on Aging a private non-profit organization that receives federal and state funds, distributed to adult day care centers, local social service agencies, nutrition and transportation programs.
• Carolyn DeRocco, is the Northwestern Regional Director and Master Trainer for the Connecticut Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. Ms. DeRocco more than 20 years’ experience as a Therapeutic Recreational Director in skilled nursing home settings and served as a Caregiver Support Group leader for over 13 years.
• Rosemary B. Jones, is a Certified Elder Law Attorney with the Law Office of Rosemary B. Jones. Ms. Jones was named Superlawyer in Elder Law by Connecticut Magazine in 2008 and 2010.
• Brenda Kelley, State Director of AARP Connecticut since 1999. Ms. Kelley leads the Association’
• Michael Mackniak, is the Founder and Executive Director of Melissa’s Project a nationally recognized nonprofit agency which assists persons with mental illnesses in maintaining meaningful lives in the community.
• Gary Edward Barg, Conference Host, syndicated columnist, Founder/Editor-
More than 35,000 family and professional caregivers in 24 states have learned how to be a Fearless Caregiver Advocate for their loved ones, clients and themselves at a Fearless Caregiver Conference.
What Support Is Available For Western Connecticut?
The most recent Fearless Caregiver Conferences in New Haven, Connecticut and our 100th Fearless Caregiver Conference in Port St Lucie, Florida were tremendous successes with hundreds of family and professional caregivers participating in full-day events where they received answers to their caregiving questions from physicians, spiritual leaders, and healthcare experts in topics such as Alzheimer’s, MS, cancer, autism, stoke, Social Security, Medicare, diabetes, incontinence and Parkinson’s throughout the day”.
Fearless Caregiver Conference participants will learn:
What support is available for Western Connecticut family caregivers?
• Where the money is for caregivers
• How to partner with their family members
• How to ask questions of healthcare leaders in the area
• How to get a loved one to stop driving
• Share information with their fellow caregivers
Who Should Attend?
• Children of aging parents
• Parents caring for children
• Spousal caregivers
• Long-distance caregivers
• Grandparent caregivers
• Pastoral caregivers
• Volunteer caregivers
• Professional caregivers
• And anyone else seeking hands-on advice
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Call (800) 829-2734 for information and to reserve your space.
2011 schedule will include: Nashville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New Haven and Danbury, Connecticut, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Florida and other cities TBA.
# # #
Established in 1995, Caregiver Media Group has become the recognized media authority on caregiving through Today’s Caregiver magazine, Caregiver.com, the Fearless Caregiver Conferences, the award winning book The Fearless Caregiver: How to Get the Best Care for Your Loved One and Still Have a Life of Your Own, as well as Caregiver Media Group's award winning content and custom publications.
Today’s Caregiver magazine contains cover interviews with celebrity caregivers, articles on caregiving issues and vital resources for all caregivers. Cover interviews have included Leeza Gibbons, Clay Walker, Kathy Greenlee, Debbie Reynolds, Dixie Carter, Debbie Reynolds, Della Reese, Linda Dano, Robert Urich and Clay Aiken. The digital version of the magazine is available free of charge at Caregiver.com