To meet this accelerating demand, ACG Technologies is launching its new Database Mobility Practice to assist businesses in all industries in the race to “mobile-up.”
Learn more about Mobilizing your Database at:
According to ACG eMarketing Director Lee Sweeney, “The primary mission of our new practice is to implement technical solutions to improve mobile-data performance for small to medium-sized organizations.”
ACG is drawing upon its cross-functional team of custom software developers who possess solid business experience and first-hand knowledge of state-of-the-
For the past decade, ACG Technologies has focused on two core areas of expertise: Filemaker Database Development and Web Applications. ACG President Chris Quinn explained, "Our in-house Filemaker and Web developers have teamed up to create the new Database Mobility Practice utilizing technologies like FileMaker’s Custom Web Publishing (CWP), Instant Web Publishing (IWP), iPhone and iPad application SDK’s, mobile web application development and web integrated database technologies utilizing MySQL, SQL, Oracle and others."
Quinn continued, “Filemaker Go makes information residing on a Mac or PC accessible on an iPad or iPhone using a local wireless network or over the Internet via Wi-Fi or 4G. All changes are instantly updated allowing you to view, edit, and search your FileMaker information from your mobile device. This translates to greater speed, accuracy and flexibility, any one of which is a significant competitive advantage.”
ACG Filemaker Go specialist Rey D’Angelo knows the challenges first-hand, “Instead of using a complex and expensive SQL or Oracle database, the new Apple-aligned solutions allow us to develop a client’s mobile and data applications simultaneously, which reduces development time and cost. As programmers we are designing it in an open environment so the end product is also easier to maintain for both us and the client.”
An operations manager for a car rental company experienced increased customer satisfaction and gains in productivity with a Filemaker/iPad implementation. “From the moment we found out about Filemaker Go for iPad, we instantly switched over to it and abandoned our previous costly complex mobile development efforts.”
Health Care Applications:
Tech analysts believe that the mobile-data trend will continue through the decade and holds unrivaled potential for mobile workers in every area.
ACG DATABASE MOBILITY'S Top 5 iPad/iPhone Database Applications:
1) Healthcare Practitioners - Doctors can now securely review or share e-health records with patients, hospitals, clinics, and emergency rooms. Significant Federal incentives are also encouraging hospitals and doctors to centralize patient information to save money, time and improve medical outcomes.
2) Field Sales & Services - Perfect for presentations and demonstrations on the go. Immediately respond to customer questions about product information, order status or detailed pricing. No more “I need to call the office,” or “I’ll get back to you on that."
3) Corporate Commuters and Travelers - The world is full of corporate employees who spend a large percentage of their time driving, walking around the corporate campus, attending meetings, making presentations, reviewing documents or lugging a laptop to the airport. Enter the iPad!
4) Mobile IT Pros - Who says IT pros have to be boring? Carry around an iPad, and presentations, image and effectiveness with end users takes a new turn.
5) Remote and Mobile Workers in all Walks of Life - Finally, whether you're a field utility worker, salesperson, doctor or anyone who works remotely and needs "always-on" access to your data, an ACG Database Mobility app can help you Go!
To learn more about ACG Technologies’
please call toll free 888-689-7677.
or visit: http://www.acgtechnologies.com/
# # #
ACG Technologies, Inc., is an innovative software development services company, providing a comprehensive offering of custom application development consulting, IT Support, e-commerce, web design and e-marketing services. For more than a decade, companies have used ACG products and services to automate, streamline and promote their businesses.