SkinMD Natural, a breakthrough skin care product that binds with the outer layer of the skin to form a new, protective layer, contains 93% natural ingredients. The other 7% are on the FDA’s most safe list.
If you go into a store for ‘natural’ dry skin care products and read the ingredients on the label, you may find a few that are actually natural. Some may have aloe vera, Vitamin E, or other substances that promote good health.
But alongside those ingredients, you may also find petroleum-derived substances such as isopropyl alcohol and propylene glycol – both of which are used in anti-freeze – or mineral oil, which coats the skin like plastic inhibiting its ability to breathe, absorb moisture and expel toxins.
Other potentially harmful ingredients include parabens - preservatives that have been linked to human breast cancer and have been shown to damage sperm formation in animal studies – and phthalates, commonly found in ‘fragrance’
“The FDA has no regulations regarding cosmetics or skin care products,” said Dan Mueller, developer of SkinMD Natural. “Consequently, manufacturers can use whatever they want in their products, regardless of whether or not those ingredients have been found to be toxic or even carcinogenic.”
Also, as there are no restrictions on labeling, products can contain just a tiny amount of a natural ingredient and pronounce the product ‘natural’ on the label.
“Unsuspecting consumers buy the product, thinking they’re buying something relatively free of harmful chemicals,” said Mueller.
“We’re aware of the potential dangers of many of the chemicals used in skin care products,” said Mr. Mueller. “We formulated our products to be effective, but safe. Our lotions are free of parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, and other irritating ingredients. They are also vegan, cruelty free, and eco-friendly.”
For more information on the potential dangers of dry skin care product ingredients, natural dry skin care, or SkinMD Natural, visit www.skinmdnatural.com.
# # #
Skin MD Natural is the #1 Shielding Lotion
Based in Beverly Hills, California 21st Century Formulations is leading the way in
dry skin care with the creation of their natural lotion line Skin MD Natural.