Over the next eight weeks, Mikki, the grooming, training and healthcare experts, has teamed up with leading online pet retailer, http://www.PetPlanet.co.uk to scour the UK to find Britain’s Next Dog Model. The contest goes live on 2 May, with all entries being co-ordinated via Mikki’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/
The competition follows a three-stage process – with the ten dogs who register the most votes going through to the semi-final on Monday 13th June. The votes will then be re-set and the contestants whittled down to the final three on Monday 20th June. The final three will then go before an esteemed panel of judges and Britain’s Next Dog Model will be announced on Monday 27th June.
Anh Nguyen, Mikki Brand Manager, says: “As a nation of dog lovers we all love to talk about and photograph our dogs and Britain’s Next Dog Model provides the ideal opportunity for owners to show off their four-legged friends. But there is a serious message underpinning the competition too. At Mikki we are passionate about developing products that provide solutions to your everyday pet needs. We work with award-winning professional groomer, Alison Rogers, to offer expert tips and advice for all your pet care needs via our website www.mikkipet.com. Our motto is simple – well groomed, well-loved.”
The competition is being supported by leading animal charity The Blue Cross, whose head of animal behaviour services Julie Bedford will be helping to judge the entries.
Julie said: “Regular grooming is essential to get your dog used to being handled, build the bond between you and check they’re healthy. If you think you have a handsome hound, why not enter and give him the chance to shine?”
Britain’s Next Dog Model is open to any breed of dog across the UK. To enter your dog visit the Mikki Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/
Media Contact Information
Richard Woods, RWoods@thebluedoor.com 01252 899969
· Interpet offers one of the largest pet and aquatic product ranges, incorporating 12 different brands including: Interpet, Mikki, Nylabone Blagdon, Kent Marine, PetLove, PetSafe, Four Paws and Super Pet
· For more details about Interpet visit: www.interpet.co.uk
· Mikki is the market leading pet accessories brand in the UK, owned by Interpet Ltd
· Mikki offers a wide range of grooming, training and care products – catering for almost every breed and type of pet problem
· For more information about Mikki visit:
· PetPlanet.co.uk Limited is part of M8 Group Ltd, a privately held company based in Livingston, Scotland.
· Founded in 1999 PetPlanet.co.uk has long been recognised as the market leader in the pet sector in the UK.
Some stats about PetPlanet.co.uk (as of 12/4/11)
· Number of registered members: 772,027
· Number of customer product reviews posted: 35,214
· PetPlanet.co.uk has averaged 50% annual revenue growth over the three years from 2007 to 2010
· Along with sister company www.greenfingers.com, PetPlanet.co.ukhas helped make M8 Group Ltd one of the fastest growing private companies in the UK. This achievement was recognised by the Sunday Times who included PetPlanet.co.uk in their Fast Track 100 in 2010
· For more information visit: www.petplanet.co.uk