“The fear of public speaking stems from our projections and misinterpretations about what we think our audience must be thinking about us,” explains Carren Smith, who overcame her own fear of public speaking to become one of Australia’s top motivational speakers. “The most important thing you must do to break through this fear is to become more authentic. The more clear you are about who you are and what message you’re here to deliver, the more magnetic you become – and less you worry about what people might be thinking.
Smith will be sharing her strategies and tips for becoming a successful speaker during “Speaker Secrets Exposed,” a full-day seminar on Wednesday, May 4, 2011, at the Ayres Hotel in Hawthorne. Her co-leader will be Jenny Hamby, a Certified Guerrilla Marketer who specializes in promoting seminars, virtual training, and information products.
The seminar is designed to teach professionals how to generate business leads and income with public speaking, even if they’ve never spoken from the stage before or consider themselves to be a speaker.
Participants will learn:
• Easy ways to be engaging, charismatic and authentic on stage, even if you don’t consider yourself to be a speaker
• Why developing greater authenticity is the key to positioning yourself as an authority
• How to create a topic that communicates inside the hearts and minds of your audience, inspiring them to new behaviours and actions
• The 7 signs of anxiety and fear of speaking and how to overcome them
• How to create a powerful presentation that makes your message, product or service unforgettable
• A proven process for remembering your pitch or presentation without hours of memorization so you never need notes again
• Embrace the speakers mindset and learn how you can make a difference, while making money
• Methods for promoting your product, service or message – without resorting to desperate, high-pressure selling
• Ways to incorporate speaking into your marketing mix
• Why offering your own seminars and virtual training is critical in today’s market
• How seminars and products work together to generate leads, speaking engagements and passive income
• Essential elements to include in your promotional materials for your seminars and speaking engagements
• What to do now to begin building a successful speaking and seminar business … even if you are months away from your own event
• How to identify the right seminar business model for you
• Ideas for repurposing your content, so the time you spend creating material produces multiple streams of income
After surviving the 2002 Bali bombing, Smith devoted her life to making a difference in the world, including helping budding speakers and professionals who have an important message to share develop authenticity and authority in their presentations. “Speaker Secrets Exposed” delivers her top strategies for becoming more authentic and comfortable on stage, crafting a powerful presentation and offering your products and services without coming across as a pushy sales person.
“Speaker Secrets Exposed” takes place Wednesday, May 4, 2011, at the Ayres Hotel, 14400 Hindry Ave, Hawthorne, Calif. Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. The seminar runs from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration is suggested. To register, visit www.speakersecretsexposed.com.
# # #
SeminarMarketingPro.com helps speakers, consultants, trainers and experts promote their own seminars, webinars, teleseminars and information products to generate leads and revenue. Services include marketing plan development, coaching, and copywriting.