This prestigious honor will be presented to Adrian Ott during the April 27th morning keynote session by Deborah Shea, President of NAWBO-SV. The award recognizes a businesswoman who has overcome significant challenges to succeed and inspire others. She is recognized in her field of expertise and/or the community. She demonstrates business acumen and is an outstanding role model to women in business.
Ms. Ott is also the author of The 24-Hour Customer, New Rules for Winning in a Time-Starved, Always-Connected Economy (HarperCollins)
The conference features 20 educational sessions, outstanding networking opportunities and power-packed keynotes on growth, innovation and change. Register at http://www.inventyourfuture.com.
More conference highlights:
• Evening in Conversation with Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, author of “The Dressmaker of Khair Khana,” the story of resilient women entrepreneurs operating under the noses of the Taliban in Afghanistan. Julie Hanna, board chair at Kiva and Almaz Negash, founder of Entwine Global will join Lemmon and host Sydnie Kohara, news anchor, CBS News, in a discussion about how technology, social media and micro‐financing are helping to educate girls and support women’s entrepreneurship worldwide.
• Entrepreneurial Growth Strategies for Growing Businesses – a clinic with Marylene Delbourg-Delphis, the serial entrepreneur who has assisted emerging companies as a shadow CEO, board member, investor, advisor, M&A facilitator or management consultant, plus entrepreneur and Wildfire Interactive, Inc. founder Victoria Ransom.
Exciting breakout sessions and clinics for 2011:
• Women & Negotiations:
• Build Influential, Value-Based Relationships with Mentors & Sponsors
• Elevate your Career: Become a Thought Leader
• Entrepreneurial Strategies to Grow Business
• Get Anyone Interested in Anything…in 60 Seconds or Less
• That Resonates with Me! How to Persuade Any Audience
• I Used to Have a Handle on Life But it Broke
• Celebrate Your Brand with Social Media
• Relationships in Void- Trust & Partnership on Virtual Teams
• Selling Your Big Idea, Product or Service
• The Breakthrough Science of Living a Long and Healthy Life
• A Young Women's program, focusing on careers using math, science and technology plus mentoring opportunities with industry partners
“Share the Wisdom” roundtable sessions:
• Advance Your Technical Career
• Bootstrapping Your Business
• Leveraging Public Speaking to Build Your Brand
• Create Content for Brand You
• Best Practices for Corporate Women’s Networks
“Year after year, Invent Your Future conference alumni demonstrate the great strides we’re making in empowering women to accelerate their careers and businesses,”
Guests of speakers are eligible for a registration discount to attend the Conference. Please ask your guests to use partner organization # 03 to register
Flexible package options are also available, including a one-day pass and keynote session tickets. For registration, exhibit package and pricing options visit http://www.inventyourfuture.com or call 408-554-4249.
Follow conference updates on Twitter @IYFconference and join us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
The conference is presented in partnership with corporations such as: Hewlett-Packard, Apple, Oracle, Rambus, Robert Half International, eBay, American Airlines, Anthem Blue Cross, Hellbent Marketing and community partners such as: National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Silicon Valley, NAWBO California, BlogHer, National Center for Women & Information Technology, LUNA, EFactor and Women Rock Global.
A limited number of partnership opportunities are available. Visit http://www.inventyourfuture.com.
About Invent Your Future
Invent Your Future Enterprises is a professional development company that specializes in the retention, development and acceleration of women in corporations and small businesses. Based on extensive research on the training needs of corporate managers and high potential leaders, the company offers talent development programs, skill-building events and organizational consulting. Invent Your Future CEO Ruth Stergiou is the recipient of the 2010 NAWBO Silicon Valley Enterprising Women of the Year Award and 2010 Women of Influence presented by the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal. www.inventyourfuture.com.
Joanna Rustin for Invent Your Future
Marit Fox for NAWBO-Silicon Valley
Linda Ballentine for Exponential Edge Inc.
650-331-7378 ext. 85
# # #
About NAWBO-Silicon Valley
The National Association of Women Business Owners-Silicon Valley (http://www.nawbo-