PRLog - April 8, 2011 - LONDON -- E.ON, British Gas, EDF, ESB and RWE nPower will engage with Richard Leyland of the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) in London in June, discussing the implementation of the new smart meter roll plans during the annual Smart Metering UK & Ireland conference.
Smart Metering UK & Ireland
Massive project to control and save energy
Smart Metering UK & Ireland conference director, Anthony Pohl, says: “according to the British government’s smart meter roll plans the deployment of some 53 million smart meters, will enable energy users and suppliers to have more control and cut out waste, are to be installed in 30 million homes and businesses across the country. This is a massive project and our forum in June will create the very necessary and unique opportunity for the country’s largest utilities, including British Gas, E.ON, EDF, ESB and Npower, as well as DECC and suppliers of smart meter technology to meet and discuss the roll out.
He continues: “ DECC has created a unique framework and recent announcements affirm the commitment to rolling out smart meters. The reality is that this market is taking a completely different path to other national deployments, meaning that there is very little transfer of information, or ability to leverage ‘best cases’ from around the world. Therefore, consultation, discussion and mediation is critical to ensure all stakeholders achieve the outcome they want from meter deployment. All stakeholders need to be engaged in shaping the deployment process.”
Other smart meter experts who will be there:
• Ashley Pocock, FIET, Head of Industry Change, Regulation and External Affairs, Smart Metering Project Transformation, EDF Energy, UK
• Karl Popham, CIO, Austin Energy, USA
• Susan Furnell, Head of Smart Strategy, RWE Npower, UK
• Neil McGuiness, Manager ,Smart Metering Project, ESB, Ireland
• Jason Brogden, Smart Metering Programme Manager, Energy Retail Association, UK
• Zoe McLeod, Principal Policy Advocate, Consumer Focus, UK
• Howard Porter, Chief Executive Officer, BEAMA, UK
• Cathy Mannion, Director, Electricity Networks and Retail, Commission for Electricity Regulation, UK
• Gill Owen, Director, Sustainability First, UK
• Richard St. Clair, Managing Director, Elster, UK
• Aidan O'Neill, Chief Executive, PrePayPower, Ireland
• James Pace, Senior Director of Business Development, Silver Spring Networks, UK
Event dates and location: 2-3 June 2011, Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London
Event website: http://www.smartmetering.eu/
# # #
Clarion Events hosts strategic conferences conferences and seated events across Britain, Europe, North and South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia, from leisure and entertainment to finance, from retail to gaming and from fine art to energy.