Fortunately, two new tests are being offered to help diagnose this disease. The first test, My Perio Path Test, identifies and measures certain bacteria in your saliva that can cause gingivitis and periodontitis. It need only be done once and determines your ability to resist periodontal bacteria and prevent periodontal disease and bone loss.
The second test, My Perio ID PST Test, determines if you are at increased risk for severe gum tissue infections.
Taking these tests will provide valuable information, enabling your dental professional to assess and treat the condition.
These tests may be recommended for the following reasons:
• Clinical signs of infection such as inflamed gum tissue – swollen, red or bleeding gums
• Visible signs of periodontitis are present, such as bone loss around teeth or periodontal pockets
• Family history of periodontal disease
• A confirmation of your oral health prior to surgery
• Other medical/systematic conditions that make you more susceptible to periodontal infections
• For the assessment of your periodontal health and genetic risk to periodontal infections
Over the past decade, research indicates a direct link between chronic periodontal infections and heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and some forms of cancer and other diseases. Recognizing this relationship between oral health and overall health is not to be taken lightly and gives strong reason to discuss these tests with your dental professional.
These groundbreaking tests provide valuable and detailed information regarding your oral health and will assist your dental professional when outlining a specific treatment program to meet your individual needs.
# # #
Marketing Solutions is a full service marketing communications firm, providing clients with results-oriented, cost-effective marketing and advertising materials.