PRLog (Press Release) - Mar. 28, 2011 - Rogue movers are companies that do not operate with standard ethical procedures. When searching for a moving company for your relocation, you need to be aware of rogue movers. Some so-called movers operate without a license, unregulated, and uninsured. They do not comply with any industry guidelines. These movers might even operate using a reputable mover’s license and logo while not being affiliated with that company at all. Rogue movers may hold your belongings hostage, operate in questionable conditions, or demand higher charges after agreeing to much lower estimates.
Prime Van Lines is proud to be part of the American service industry. We see serving the American public as a privilege, which takes hard work to maintain. It is experience and a solid work ethic that helps us keep that privilege. Unfortunately, in every industry there are those who wish to take advantage of the system.
Recently, it has come to our attention that some rogue movers took advantage of the solid reputation of Prime Van Lines and booked a moving job by misrepresenting themselves as Prime Van Lines. They used our name, logo, and referenced our web site. The victim of this scam did not take any of the necessary steps to verify the identity of his movers and believed he was moving with Prime Van Lines. Unfortunately, the company that moved this consumer damaged his goods and disappeared. We have since taken extra precautions to insure consumer confidence.
Prime Van Lines offers the following tips to insure you are moving with a reliable company:
• Communication with the company you hire is paramount to getting the most for your money. Confirmation of customer information should be obtained prior to move, this way you are confident that the moving company has accurate information
• Onsite estimates are always recommended, providing the opportunity to get a list of items that can be compared to on the day of the move. All reliable movers will perform an on-site estimate. If you ask for it a mover should come to your house.
• Check Identifications of the movers and any other service worker
• Visit the movers office and warehouse at the address listed on the official website.
• Keep in touch with the company prior to the move and the morning of the move to confirm information and that expectations are met. Make sure you call the phone numbers listed on the official website, http://www.PrimeVanLines.com You can also use online contact forms and live chat to confirm your move details.
# # #
Prime Van Lines is a full service moving and storage company serving NJ and NYC metro. Prime Van Lines offers local moving, interstate moving, international moving, and storage services.