Why we are special, we want to provide a job fair that will:
1. Create an atmosphere that will spark the community in which the business exist
2. Orchestrate prime one-to-one time to actually speak to hiring managers.
3. Provide a forum for a substantial job fair with real opportunities.
4. Organize 4 hours of interview opportunity with pre-screened job seekers
5. Donate 25% of the proceeds to Our Kids First, a San Francisco-Based after school program that has for 27 years has successfully fostered the minds of youth where 90% of the students go to college. www.okfprogram.org
The Open2Work Project began as a need to showcase the talent of the community. The community is showcased first with an exclusive time at the beginning of the event. The idea is to bring jobs to one of the poorest and underfunded cities in San Francisco and it is time that trend is reversed. This community exclusive access is geared toward the members of the community, community agencies that facilitate the needs of the communities and churches all over San Francisco. After the Community Exclusive Access is followed by an all access period extended to all other individuals. Each participant is pre-screened based on the type of positions being presented at the job fair.
The employer registration is open until April 15, 2011. Open2Work Project began to create a vehicle for all people to have real face time with employers, and provide a glimmer of hope in the job market
If you would like to be considered to be an employer, please contact Ms. Fitzpatrick @dfitzpatrick@
Why are we committed to Our Kids First
Our Kids First is a non-profit community based after school organization that was founded in 1987 to motivate academic achievement and assist students in their personal growth and development. The program was founded by two single mothers who worked full time jobs and were concerned about what their children were doing during after school hours. Our Kids First is committed to educating and preparing young people to be successful, independent, responsible members of society by providing academic, social and cultural enrichment. Since 1987, we have served almost 6,000 children and youth the after school program and summer programs living in the Bay View Hunters Point, Outer Mission, Ocean View and Ingleside neighborhoods of San Francisco.
We look forward to working with you this year!