By this Call for Papers all experts and practitioners are invited to contribute to our dialogue on competence modelling for the environmental sector and to submit high quality papers describing fully developed results, on-going work or innovative concepts on the following topics:
• Competence models for the environmental sector
• E-Learning for the environmental sector
• Social communities for the environmental sector
• Competence modelling in human resource development
• E-Learning for vocational education and training
• Social communities for vocational education and training
• Learning outcomes and competences orientation
• Job profiles and working places defined by competences
• Standardization of environmental competence models
• Implementation of E-Learning and social communities
• Harmonization of competence models
This European Conference "Innovations in the Environmental Sector" (INES) is focusing new ways and approaches for the lifelong learning by competence models, E-Learning and social communities. The 4th conference INES 2011 continues the discussion developed at the first three related European conferences in Vilnius (Lithuania), Budapest (Hungary) and most recently in Bucharest (Romania) last September 2010. The WACOM consortium has organized and utilised these previous opportunities, along with national workshops in each of the WACOM partner countries, to raise the awareness of the stakeholders in the water sector, human resource development, and vocational education and training concerning the benefits and implementations of competence modelling in the water sector.
The conference is organized in conjunction with the European Conference "Competence Modelling for the Water Sector" that will present the major outcome of the European WACOM consortium and initiative for competence modelling in the water sector: The Water Competence Model (WCM) with its tools for harmonized descriptions of job profiles and working places in the water sector. The overall objectives of WACOM are the transfer and adaptation of a competence model to the water sector and its integration and harmonisation with the European Qualification Framework (EQF), thus contributing to European competence standardisation and improving vocational education and training.
Attendance at the European conference "Innovations in the Environmental Sector" (INES) is free of charge and requires online registration as places are limited. Submissions of papers related to the conference (max. eight pages) must be sent to the WACOM Consortium by Monday, 16th of May 2011. The submitters are informed about the acceptance of the papers by 13th of June 2011. All accepted will be published in the official proceedings of the European Conference (with ISBN) and distributed to all conference participants and across whole Europe. Specific guidelines and requirements can be found on the WACOM website at www.wacom-project.eu and at www.qualitydevelopment.eu.
Overview of the important dates:
- Paper submission deadline: May 16, 2011
- Notification of acceptance: June 13, 2011
- Camera-Ready copy due: July 4, 2011
- Conference program: September 21, 2011
Direct enquiries and full papers can be sent to the WACOM project manager Xenia Kuhn, University of Duisburg-Essen, via e-Mail to: email@example.com-
# # #
The department of Information Systems for Production and Operations Management at the University of Duisburg-Essen is involved in the R&D of the following fields:
Decision Support Systems