PRLog - March 15, 2011 - London: O2 Media today announces that its personalised media service, O2 More, has reached the milestone target of two million customers since its launch in November 2009.
In addition O2 Media has now signed up over 1000 brands since launch including Marks & Spencer, Adidas, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Ocado, House of Fraser, French Connection, The Economist, Kit Kat, Guinness and Honda.
O2 was the first UK network to launch an opt-in1 service, which matches preference information customers give to O2 with data O2 holds on those customers, such as phone usage and location, delivering highly personalised campaigns for advertisers.
There have been numerous campaigns that have benefited from the rich data that O2 More provides, which coupled with location based targeting which O2 Media launched in October 2010, makes it one of the most effective mobile marketing tools available to marketers today.
A campaign for Starbucks, using a mixture of rich media and real-time location, delivered a response rate of 34%. This campaign was deployed across the whole of the UK real estate and even weaved in point of sale redemption. Another campaign for the Hong Kong Tourism Board, encouraging iPhone users to download the 720 degree view of Hong Kong app, identified O2 customers who had travelled to Hong Kong in the last 12 months. This resulted in over nine per cent of targeted customers downloading the app.
Shaun Gregory, Managing Director of O2 Media said: “O2 More was created to give our customers what they really want. Breaking through two million customers shows that we’re delivering on that promise. What’s more, we’re delivering new highly-targeted, relevant and effective forms of communication for brands.
“Mobile messaging is the only way that brands can open up a unique one-to-one dialogue with customers and create real engagement. O2 More is all about creating an exciting customer and advertiser experience, backed up by one of the UKs most respected brands.”
t: +44 (0)7734 606319
All O2 news release can be accessed at our website: www.o2.co.uk/
Notes to Editors:
1 Customers are given the opportunity to opt-out of the service each time a message is sent to them
• In 2006 Telefónica Europe acquired Be, the UK fixed broadband provider, and in October 2007 O2 launched its broadband service using the Be network.
• O2 is the naming rights partner of The O2, the world-class entertainment venue.
• O2 employs around 11,000 people in the UK and has 490 retail stores.
• In October 2010 O2 was voted the UK’s best mobile network by the readers of both What Mobile and Mobile Choice magazine.
• O2 was ranked highest in customer satisfaction for both UK mobile and fixed broadband customers according to the J.D. Power and Associates UK Mobile and Fixed Broadband Studies 2010.
• O2’s UK mobile network covers 99% of the UK’s population. O2’s 3G network covers over 84% of the UK population and is fully HSDPA-enabled, providing speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps for customers with an HSDPA-enabled device.
• For further press information about O2 go to www.o2.co.uk/