The book, by Nobel Peace Prize nominee Michael Haas, summarizes the tragic events of the Bush administration, as documented in the author’s George W. Bush, War Criminal? The Bush Administration’
Titles of some of 47 chapters are as follows:
• Bogus “War Crimes Trial” Characterization at Guantánamo
• Georgian and Russian War Crimes Ape the Superpower
• A Trial That Was on Trial: Who Were the Real War Criminals at Guantánamo?
• Members of the Bush Administration Fear Prosecution
• Accounting for War Crimes of the Bush Administration Through a Truth Commission
• Twelve Myths in Bush’s “War on Terror”
• Children as Unlamented Victims of Bush’s War Crimes
• Did Barack Obama Become a War Criminal When He Became President?
• Obama’s Executive Orders Fall Short of Stopping War Crimes
• Military Action in Afghanistan and Pakistan Ignores War Crimes
• Pentagon Defies Obama on Guantánamo
• War in Afghanistan Haunted by Bush’s War Crimes
• Refugees at Guantánamo Await Resettlement
• Bush's War Crimes Legacy Confronts Obama as a Public Health Nightmare
• Memo Implicates Judge Bybee as a War Criminal
• Repudiated Bradbury Memos Ignored the Geneva Conventions
• The Focus on Torture: A Diversion from War Crimes Against Children and Unjustified Murder?
• Are the Words “War Crimes” Taboo Today?
• How to Close Guantánamo Without Using Makeshift Tribunals
• Worse than Waterboarding:
• Washington’s Hypocrisy About Displaying Prisoners
• Bush’s Justice Department: Machiavellian or Mengelian?
• Truth Commission Hearing in Malaysia Ignored by the American Press
• Obama Tries to Rewrite History
• Obama’s Plan Regarding Bush Era War Crimes
• A Nation of Cowards
• Bush’s “Poodle Dog” Tony Blair Is Accused of War Crimes in The Ghost Writer
• Rumsfeld Charged with War Crimes in a Chicago Court
• Why Did a Pakistani-Born American Citizen Want to Kill Americans?
• Conclusion: Ignoring the Victims
Nonfiction; viii + 306 p.; includes bibliography & index
paperbound (ISBN 13 978-0-615-39982-
hardcover (ISBN 10 0-6153-9982-
PDF file $10.00
# # #
Publishinghouse for Scholars was established in 2010 to bring more attention and more income to established scholars by providing a convenient and professional outlet for their books.