First of all, it is not recommended to go out and spend a lot of money on expensive golf clubs. Though properly fitted and researched golf clubs can bring about huge improvements in your game, we suggest you do that at a later time when you have a good idea what you are looking for. So in the beginning, borrow some friends or get some used clubs. In fact, all you need when you first start out is few clubs and we recommend a 7 iron, 8 iron and/or a 9 iron.
Next, really focus on learning the golf fundamentals [http://www.golfhelptips.com/
If you want to go the do-it-yourself route as you learning how to play golf, here is a decent agenda:
1. Buy a credible golf instructional references focused on golf fundamentals
2. Get a few cheap golf clubs – 7, 8 and/or 9 iron…this is your starter set to play golf.
3. Start of at a driving range with a focus of simply getting the ball airborne, then hitting the golf ball relatively straight – do not worry about distance for some time. For example, work on hitting consistently straight chip and pitch shots 5 to 20 yards. Once you can hit 10 shots in a row straight for 20 yards, work on hitting the golf ball longer.
4. Start learning the basics of how to play golf including other elements of the game with a focus on short game and putting.
5. When you are ready and have an initial understanding of how to play golf, then take some lessons from a PGA teaching professional.
You apply these suggestions on your golf game and surely you start hitting the ball in the right hole. Regular golf practice is the key to this game because when you start facing problem with your golf swing only regular golf practice can help you to resolve the swing problem and lower your golf score.
# # #
Golf Genie™ provides easy-to-absorb golf instruction, golf tips, practice drills and golf training aids to accelerate your development and rapidly lower your score. Know more - http://www.golfhelptips.com/