PRLog - March 7, 2011 - PEORIA, Ariz. -- Last month it was reported that six students at Dickey Hill Elementary & Middle School complained of illness believed to be related to a carbon monoxide (CO) leak at the school. Baltimore fire officials stated that 40 others were also probably exposed to the deadly gas. The leak was detected in the cafeteria and the school was the location of another carbon monoxide leak the prior week. In that incident five adults and one child were hospitalized as a precautionary measure which also cancelled classes for the day.
Earlier this year the Delaware Health and Social Services (DHSS) published a press release entitled “Be Safe from Dangers of Carbon Monoxide”. In that news release the DHSS stated, “During the winter months, Delawareans may assume that any dizziness, headache and fatigue they experience are caused by a "bug going around." Carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, toxic gas, can also cause these symptoms, along with nausea, vomiting, chest pain and disorientation. According to the National Poison Data System, carbon monoxide killed 47 people in the U.S. in 2008.
The environmental professionals at Sussex Environmental Health Consultants, LLC (SEHC) hear of cases of carbon monoxide poisoning on a regular basis. The company is an environmental, health and safety (EHS) consulting firm located in Delaware that has decades of experience helping to identify and resolve carbon monoxide and other indoor air quality (IAQ) issues across the Mid-Atlantic.
“Carbon monoxide can kill, so it’s important to prevent this deadly gas from entering indoor environments,”
To learn more about Sussex Environmental Health Consultants’
# # #
About Sussex Environmental Health Consultants, LLC
SEHC is a certified woman owned business that provides environmental and health and safety consulting services. The company is located in the Mid-Atlantic and services clients nationwide. SEHC provides solutions to clients ranging from homeowners to international Fortune 500 corporations.