PRLog - Feb. 28, 2011 - Yesterday, we joined millions of film-lovers who tuned in to watch what was possibly the most glamorous ceremony of the year.
The Oscars 2011 - 83rd Academy Awards
So just who did take home filmmaking's most prestigious honour?
Well, as usual, Talent Management saw a few expected winners take to the stage, as well as a few surprise ones.
Predictably winning Best Picture was The King’s Speech, which also saw Tom Hooper win Best Director and Colin Firth win Best Actor - not to mention it being a favourite among our models here.
It seems Firth’s role in The King’s Speech has propelled the British actor to new highs; he also won a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance By An Actor in a motion picture – drama, the Critics' Choice Award and unveiled his Hollywood Walk of Fame star earlier this year!
The full list of winners are as follows:
• Best Picture – The King’s Speech
• Actor In A Leading Role – Colin Firth for The King’s Speech
• Actor In A Supporting Role – Christian Bale for The Fighter
• Actress In A Leading Role – Natalie Portman for Black Swan
• Actress In A Supporting Role – Melissa Leo for The Fighter
• Animated Feature Film – Toy Story 3
• Art Direction – Alice in Wonderland
• Cinematography – Inception
• Costume Design – Alice in Wonderland
• Directing – Tom Hooper for The King’s Speech
• Documentary Feature – Inside Job
• Documentary Short Subject – Strangers No More
• Film Editing – The Social Network
• Foreign Language Film – In A Better World
• Makeup – The Wolfman
• Music (Original Score) – The Social Network
• Music (Original Song) – ‘We Belong Together’ from Toy Story 3
• Short Film Animated– The Lost Thing
• Short Film (Live Action) – God of Love
• Sound Editing – Inception
• Sound Mixing – Inception
• Visual Effects – Inception
• Writing (Adapted Screenplay) – The Social Network
• Writing (Original Screenplay) – The King’s Speech
We at Talent Management (http://www.talentmanagement.com) think that this list highlights the wealth of talent in the entertainment industry at the moment. Congratulations to all the Oscar winners!
# # #
About Talent Management
Talent Management is a nationwide talent agency helping clients find the talent they need, every day. We've been active in the talent business for almost two decades, connecting models, actors, dancers, singers, entertainers and musicians to business and helping new talent promote themselves with an agency. If you're interested in becoming a model, actor, singer, dancer, entertainer or musician, you can apply at the Talent Management site - http://www.talentmanagement.com/
If you need to find a talent, you'll discover we are a responsive and capable talent agency with a broad range of models, actors, dancers, singers, entertainers and musicians available.