PRLog - Feb. 28, 2011 - MARLBOROUGH, Mass. -- Dealership employees or contractors who create or contribute to blogs, wikis, social networks, virtual worlds, or any other kind of Social Media, whether log into Twitter, Facebook or YouTube, or comment on online media stories – the following guidelines are for you.
While all Dealership employees are welcome to participate in Social Media, it is expected that everyone who participates in online commentary understand and follow these simple but important guidelines. These rules might sound strict and contain a bit of legal-sounding jargon but please keep in mind that overall goal is simple: to participate online in a respectful, relevant way that protects our reputation and of course follows the letter and spirit of the law.
Here are 9 Social Media Guidelines For Auto Dealers
1) Be transparent and state that you work at (Dealership)
2) Never represent yourself or (Dealership)
3) Post meaningful, inoffensive comments – in other words, please, no spam and no remarks that are off-topic or offensive.
4) Use common sense and common courtesy: for example, it’s best to ask permission to publish or report conversations that are meant to be private or internal to (Dealership)
5) When disagreeing with others’ opinions, keep it appropriate and polite. If you find yourself in a situation online that looks as if it’s becoming antagonistic, do not get overly defensive and do not disengage from the conversation abruptly: feel free to ask your direct supervisor for advice and/or to disengage from the dialogue in a polite manner that reflects well on (Dealership)
6) If you want to write about the competition, make sure you behave diplomatically, have the facts straight and that you have the appropriate permissions.
7) Please never comment on anything related to legal matters, litigation, or any parties (Dealership)
8) Never participate in Social Media when the topic being discussed may be considered a crisis situation. Even anonymous comments may be traced back to your or (Dealerships)’
9) Be smart about protecting yourself, your privacy, and (Dealership)’
Wikimotive is dedicated to providing the latest automotive SEO, Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Search Engine optimization techniques and online marketing best practices and services.
Name : Wikimotive
Address : 809 Applebriar Lane, Marlborough, MA - United States – 01752
Ph. No. : 888.692.9818
Site : http://www.wikimotive.net