PRLog - Feb. 21, 2011 - WILMINGTON, N.C. -- Jeff Gordon Chevrolet wants customers to be able to compare the Chevy Cruze, Toyota and Honda side-by-side and decide for themselves.
Dare To Compare Chevy Cruze Standard Features
So we went out and purchased a Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic so that consumers could drive and compare each vehicle.
We were astonished to see the glaring difference in quality and standard features, and we're sure you will be too!!
• Size does matter. While officially classified as a compact sedan, the Cruze has the exterior look of a coupe with the interior spaciousness of a midsize sedan which out classes its rivals in the important interior space size category.
• Serious fuel economy. As gas prices continue their upward creep, the Cruze depending on the model, has a city rating of 22 to 24 city and from 35 to 36 mpg highway.
• Startling selection. Four different models are offered from the not-so-Spartan LS and moving up to the better 1LT and the still better 2LT to the topped out LTZ. Trim packages and options make the primary difference.
• Sensational price and value. Starting at $16,995 for the entry level and topping out at $22,695 for the top of the line model, Cruze is priced right for today’s buyer and the economy. Standard features include 10 airbags, a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, XM Radio, OnSTAR Turn By Turn Navigation and Traction Control.
• Smooth and efficient engine and transmission. Known for its big and powerful engines Chevy has been able to tame engine technology to right-sized 4-cylinder powerplants of 1.4 turbo charged or 1.8 liters. The 6-speed manual is only available in the LS entry level mode and can be had with the automatic 6-speed which is standard on all other models
GM recently released the official fuel economy numbers for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco.
So, the new car was rated by EPA to 42 mpg on the highway (manual transmission models) and 28 mpg in the city. With these numbers, the 2011 Cruze Eco beats the competition, such as the Honda Civic, or the Ford Fiesta subcompact but also many hybrid models like Ford Fusion Hybrid, Nissan Altima Hybrid and Toyota Camry Hybrid.
For those who don’t know, the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco is powered by a 1.4-liter turbocharged engine delivering 138 horsepower (103 kW) and 148 lb.-ft. of torque (200 Nm) between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm, and mated to a six-speed manual transmission. A six-speed automatic transmission is also available, with EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 26 city and 37 highway.
Perhaps the most important piece of news about the 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco is that it comes with a price of just $18,895 - over $7,300 less than the Toyota Camry Hybrid that yields just 34 mpg.
With over 15 acres of New and Certified Used Vehicles, we are the LARGEST Chevrolet Dealership in the Carolina's which enables us to provide a greater selection to our customers than other dealerships in our region.
Contact Jason Nicholas to schedule your Dare To Compare Test Drive
910-798-2722 or jason.nicholas@
Don't live near Jeff Gordon Chevrolet? No problem, Jason can arrange hassle free delivery right to your front door with our Exclusive Door To Door Delivery Program
# # #
Four time NASCAR Winston Cup Champion, Jeff Gordon, displays the same winning formula he uses on the race track in his dealership.
Jeff Gordon Chevrolet in Wilmington, NC is a Hendrick Automotive Group dealership and a member of Hendrickcars.com
These days, we know shopping begins on line, before you ever step into our showroom. That's why we set up an Award Winning web based shopping experience, so you can become more familiar with us and all that Jeff Gordon Chevrolet has to offer.
JeffGordonChevy.com has been a favorite destination for on line car shoppers for over a decade. We are truly humbled by the thousands of customers who allow us the opportunity to earn their business every month.