PRLog - Feb. 10, 2011 - AUSTIN, Texas -- Amy’s Ice Creams will be stopping all production of ice cream while more than 200 Central Texas employees create Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for the Valentine weekend; Feb 12th 13, 14 and sell them at 14 locations across Austin for $16.00 per dozen.
The once a year delicacy starts with fresh cut strawberries that are completely-covered (not dipped) in Dark Callebaut Chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate and packaged in adorable pink egg cartons!
“We work for 72 hours straight to create a unique Valentine’s gift for our customers.” Joe Morris, purchasing manager and head of chocolate strawberry production. “Amy’s is the only place to find completely covered strawberries in dark chocolate at just $16.00 a dozen!”
Amy’s Chocolate-Covered Strawberries by the Numbers:
• Amy’s Ice Cream will create over 100,000 Chocolate-Covered Strawberries for the Valentine Weekend.
• 2000 lbs of Callebaut Chocolate imported from Belgium will be melted and used to completely cover a freshly cut strawberry.
• 600 lbs of Callebaut White Chocolate will be melted and top each berry as a white chocolate lattice.
• 9000 pink egg carton will be utilized to as adorable packaging.
• Each dozen will weigh 1lb or more.
• 40 White tables we’ll run the length of the production facility where strawberries will be freshly cut, submerged in a bath of dark chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate and packaged to go to stores for pick up in Austin, Houston and San Antonio.
• 72 hours of non-stop chocolate covered strawberry assembly & delivery will start on Friday, February 11, 2011 at noon.
• Over 200 Texans will be employee to help produce, ship and sell Chocolate-Covered Strawberries many of whom will find a permanent home at Amy’s Ice Creams.
• $16 per dozen is the most competitive price in Austin, Houston & San Antonio for hand-crafted Chocolate-Covered Strawberries.
Customers may still pre-order their dozen chocolate-covered strawberries by visiting their favorite Amy’s location or visiting www.amysicecreams.com.
# # #
About Amy’s Ice Creams
Amy's has been making homemade premium ice creams & frozen desserts for 25 years with multiple locations across Texas also offering catering and wholesale service for their 350 ice cream flavors, frozen yogurt, fruit ices, and cakes.