But each week, it seems we’re delivered yet another news flash that we’re being poisoned by our products. And that’s just scary. Especially since we’d need quite a lot of pocket change to buy 100% organic for every little thing. At Zaega, we believe none of us should feel we’re jumping out the top floor window—or recklessly toxifying the planet--just because we’re not able to buy all that’s recommended.
So, here we offer the top 5 things you can do to reduce your chemical exposure in cosmetics--Most of these tips will actually save you money too!
1. Skip the lipstick and choose certified organic or natural lip balm instead. There are loads of pigments that give lipsticks their color, and lead can be found in trace amounts of some. Since you lick your lips all day—this one makes a lot of sense. Zaega™
2. Opt for products that are free of harmful synthetic preservatives, such as Quaternium-15. In addition, look for preservative-
3. Choose products that are fragrance-free, or use only pure essential oils for fragrance. Essential oils are powerful natural substances which not only have aromatherapeutic effects, but can also be effective preservatives as well as potent actives in skincare. Synthetic fragrances, on the other hand, typically contain hundreds of chemicals with no effect other than to impart aroma to products. Why not breathe in only those fragrances that feed your well-being?
4. Skip the nail polish and artificial nails and use certified organic oils instead. Buff your nails, then massage in your favorite certified organic or natural oil for shine and moisture. Nail polish and nail polish remover can contain very toxic ingredients, including dibutyl phthalate, toluene and formaldehyde –chemicals you and especially your young daughters should limit exposure to! Zaega recommends Buddha Nose Girl Balm for nails and body.
5. Go longer in between hair color services and lighten up! No matter what the brand, permanent hair color uses the same bad dyes. Darker shades have significantly more dye, so try a shade or two lighter!
Get more tips on healthy beauty and healthy living from the experts at Zaega. http://www.zaega.com/
# # #
Zaega.com is a new kind of online beauty retailer that puts education first. Our experts promote the truth about healthy beauty, and deliver that information in a positive way, empowering women to make healthier choices for themselves and their families.