• Low level Laser therapy which helps stimulate nerve function, relieves pain, increases blood supply, reduces inflammation and stimulates the immune system.
• High potency nutritional supplements such as Metanx®. Metanx is a prescription medication that contains a very potent form of folic acid along with Vitamin B16 and B12. Metanx helps improves circulation and has been shown to restore sensation in some patients.
• Infrared therapy has also been shown to increase localized circulation and numerous studies have shown it to be helpful in reducing the discomfort of neuropathy.
• Many new topical agents such as Neuragen® have shown to be effective in temporarily relieving pain, burning and tingling without troublesome side effects.
• Ionotophoresis is a type of physical therapy that delivers certain beneficial medications directly to the damaged nerves by electrical current.
It is encouraging that many new topical and oral medications are in the pipeline and may be available to the general public in the near future.
# # #
The Foot Pain Center was established in 1974 by Dr. Marc Spitz. An all-inclusive practice, we offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic medical care for patients with general foot and toenail disorders, diabetic problems and peripheral neuropathy.