PRLog - Feb. 8, 2011 - On Tuesday, March 15th from 9am-2pm, the American Lung Association in Greater Chicago will host their inaugural Healthy Lung Expo at the UIC Forum. This free program and luncheon educates patients and caregivers about the latest trends, resources, and research surrounding COPD and lung cancer.
HLE email signature
“COPD is the third leading cause of death and lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer death in the US,” says Terry Sanders, Executive Director of the American Lung Association in Greater Chicago. “Teaching people with lung disease how to better manage and control their disease could not only improve their quality of life but could also save it.”
Participants will experience a relaxing day where they can view exhibits, meet other people with lung disease, enjoy a free meal, and hear from the area’s top medical professionals during lecture sessions on COPD and lung cancer. Topics include:
- Managing Your Overall Health: How it Affects The Course of Lung Disease
- Nutritional Guidelines for People with Lung Disease
- The Future of COPD
- Lung Cancer Trials: How Do I Find The Right One?
- COPD Action Plan: Understanding Your Baseline And How to Avoid and Manage Exacerbations
- Lung Cancer: A Family Disease…Coping Effectively
- You’re On Oxygen – Now What? – Practical Knowledge and Tips
- The Healing Power of Laughter
- And more…
To register, patients and caregivers can visit www.lungil.org or call 1-800-586-4872 to reserve their place.
There will also be a professional component for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and any other interested healthcare provider. For more information, please visit www.lungil.org or call 1-800-586-4872.
# # #
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health & preventing lung disease. Through research, education & advocacy, the American Lung Association is “Fighting for Air”.