The companies were recognized last month at an annual event that recognized the contributions of MediPurpose staff members, as well as several key partners. This year's event was a private dinner at Sotto Sotto in Atlanta.
At the dinner, MediPurpose founder and CEO Patrick Yi acknowledged seven MediPurpose partners for their allegiance and dedication, which included:
* Troutman Sanders, LLP, with MediPurpose since 2000.
* Accounting Partners, Inc., with MediPurpose since 2001.
* Beth Craig of AIRSCHOTT, with MediPurpose since 2001.
* Kuehne + Nagel, Inc., with MediPurpose since 2004.
* Doug Stegall of Kirschner & Associates, with MediPurpose since 2005.
* Pender & Associates, with MediPurpose since 2005.
* AVision Business Solutions Pte Ltd, with MediPurpose since 2005.
Each was presented with a commemorative pewter plate and a certificate of achievement, as well as a personal statement from Yi about each company's history and contributory role with MediPurpose.
"I am very proud of what MediPurpose has accomplished, and I'm even more excited about what is yet to come," said Yi. "Of course, none of it would be possible without our partners providing value, investing in our relationships and honestly communicating with each other."
Created as a startup in 1999 as SurgiLance Pte Ltd in Singapore to support its flagship medical product, the One-Step safety lancet (now known as the SurgiLance(r)
In 2000, MediPurpose introduced SurgiLance(r)
In 2010, MediPurpose introduced its newest medical product line, babyLance(r)
Other milestones from the medical device company's first 10 years include:
* 2000: SurgiLance Inc (now known as MediPurpose Inc) established to serve U.S. customers
* 2001: Sales top $1 million
* 2002: Sales top $3 million
* 2003: Sales top $6.3 million
* 2003: Frost and Sullivan Distribution Leadership Award received
* 2004: First European distribution agreement for SurgiLance(r)
* 2005: 100 million SurgiLance(r)
* 2007: SurgiLance(r)
* 2008: 500 millionth SurgiLance(r)
* 2009: MediPurpose launches Innovation and Distribution Services divisions
* 2010: MediPurpose launches Advanced Wound Care division
* 2010: First US, Canadian and European distribution agreements for babyLance(r)
# # #
Founded in 1999, MediPurpose is a leading medical device company headquartered in Singapore, with offices in the United States and Europe.
Known for its popular SurgiLance(r)
MediPurpose's Innovation division offers angel funding and developmental expertise for new medical device inventors and innovative medical product companies that seek entrance into new medical device markets.
For more information about MediPurpose's medical products and solutions for inventors, innovators, manufacturers and distributors, please visit http://www.medipurpose.com .