A Gathering Place
The NFPA booth, centrally located on the IFPE show floor, will serve as a gathering place for NFPA members and other IFPE attendees. NFPA members are invited to conduct small, informal meetings with their industry colleagues and customers in the NFPA booth. A special reception will be held at the NFPA booth, S14129, on Wednesday, March 23, at 5:00 PM, immediately following the close of the show. All NFPA members are invited to attend the reception.
A Powerful Forum for the Fluid Power Industry
As an association with a diverse membership representing the full spectrum of the fluid power industry—hydraulic and pneumatic; large and small; manufacturer, supplier, distributor and educator—IFPE helps NFPA achieve its mission of serving as a forum for all fluid power channel partners.
IFPE attendees and exhibitors will want to visit the NFPA booth to learn more about NFPA’s activities in support of its strategic plan, which is focused on realizing three visions:
1. NFPA’s membership will reflect the total fluid power supply chain – manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and educators ─ all working together to advance the industry.
• Manufacturer and Distributor members are working together to drive cost from the supply chain through initiatives like the PPIF, or Product and Price Information Format, a standard format for data exchange allowing increased efficiencies and better service to the customer.
• Supplier members are highlighting advances in materials and technology, helping the industry innovate and respond better to market forces.
• Alliances with customer-based associations are providing opportunities for awareness and growth. Recruiting customers to attend NFPA meetings and participate in the development of fluid power standards keeps the industry responsive and engaged.
2. NFPA will enable the fluid power industry to better compete against alternative technologies. NFPA is an engine of change, investing in research and education to create advanced technologies and build the talented workforce of the future.
• The Technology Roadmap for the Fluid Power Industry defines a technology development plan that encompasses both hydraulics and pneumatics, and which is aimed at a level broad enough to create technologies that serve the needs of wide industry sectors.
• The Engineering Research Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power uses that Roadmap to raise the profile of fluid power in research and academics, translating its breakthroughs into product innovation and educational outreach.
• The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation is building a sustainable resource for funding research, education and recruitment programs in fluid power. The NFPA Foundation also uses the Technology Roadmap to direct its research grant program.
• Through a partnership with Project Lead the Way, fluid power content for a cutting-edge high school engineering curriculum is being created and delivered to thousands of schools around the country.
• NFPA’s Fluid Power Challenge brings fluid power and engineering to middle schools, connecting students and teachers with engineers in their local communities for mentoring and career growth.
3. NFPA will help its NAFTA-based members expand their global operations. NFPA is the source for information regarding the fluid power industry, connecting with the world to help businesses grow.
• NFPA is collecting the most comprehensive statistics on the fluid power industry, information that helps our members measure performance, benchmark against competitors, and develop effective global market plans.
• NFPA is leading the world in developing fluid power standards, helping to provide a common infrastructure to establish best practices, advance fluid power technology, and open new markets.
• Through IFPE and pavilions at other international trade shows, NFPA is facilitating access to market opportunities across the globe, creating a positive image for the fluid power industry.
• NFPA is building customer market resources to identify and communicate opportunities for engagement and better connect our members with their core and emerging global customers.
For more information regarding the NFPA booth at IFPE 2011 or NFPA’s activities in support of its strategic plan contact Eric Lanke, NFPA executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-778-3351.
# # #
NFPA provides a forum for the fluid power industry’s channel partners—manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, customers and educators. Our U.S. and multinational members work cooperatively in advancing hydraulic and pneumatic technology through the association’