Study from Social Media Agency Looks at Campaigns That Create Sustained Buzz
ATLANTA, February 3, 2011 – A new Social Impact™ study from Mastermind, a leading social, mobile and digital agency, is examining the sentiment and volume for all brands marketing and advertising around Super Bowl XLV (Feb. 6, 2011 on Fox). Following the Super Bowl, the report will analyze which brands got the most boost, and which turned a short-term social media spike into a longer lasting conversation.
“Leading up to the game, Visa, Doritos and Bud Lite are generating the strongest online conversations,”
Mastermind’s pre-game research shows:
• A jump in the last month around Super Bowl Brands and Super Bowl commercials, with more than 1.34 million online mentions.
• Bud Light, Doritos/PepsiMax and Visa are putting extra emphasis on social this year.
o Bud Light created the “Unlock the Spot” contest to entice users to guess the commercial themes based on stills posted on Facebook. More than 964,000 people “Like” the brand’s Facebook page.
o Visa is using Twitter, with its @VisaNFL address. About 2300 people are following.
• Two brands, Party City and Rooms to Go, are not “official”
Mastermind’s post-game study will:
• Determine who has the most impactful campaigns based off on overall “buzz.”
• Determine campaign efficacy by comparing brands that pay large amounts for commercial airtime vs. brands that are mostly digital or viral campaigns.
• Look at advertisers that integrate social media with promotions and paid ads to determine which will make the largest impact: viral, paid, or a combination of both with a promotional aspect
Mastermind has benchmarked the social media conversation of brands before the Super Bowl, and will compare that with the day after the game, one week and one month after the game.
Mastermind is one of the nation’s leading social, mobile, digital and promotion agencies. The agency brings the most innovative techniques to bear for its clients. Today, through its proprietary “Involvement Marketing” platform, the agency is using social, mobile, digital and promotion to mobilize, motivate and activate client campaigns. Mastermind programs increase acquisition, sales, cross-sell, retention, loyalty, and customer satisfaction, resulting in higher ROI.
Mastermind is honored to work with leading brands such as Verizon, BMW, Tele Atlas, Coca-Cola, and UPS, among many others. Its industry expertise cuts across a range of industries, including automotive, financial, grocery, health care, media, non-profit, restaurant, retail, shipping/logistics, sports and entertainment, and telecom/cable. The agency is ranked in the Top 35 Integrated Marketing and Promotion Agencies by Advertising Age and has been one of PROMO 100 for more than 25 years. Mastermind is based Atlanta. For more information, visit Mastermind online at www.MastermindAgency.com.