PRLog - Jan. 31, 2011 - To serve attractive, quality, ice-filled drinks a modern ice machine is an essential piece of back-bar equipment. Presentation is an important aspect of drinks service, get this right and it can lead to increased sales and increased profits.
Classeq's advice for using back-bar ice machines
Classeq, which supplies Ice-O-Matic ice machines to the hospitality sector, has put together a list of factors to consider when choosing an ice machine for back-bar use.
• The primary consideration on siting is that ice machines need a source of cold water, electricity and access to a drainage system. But also consider the workflow of the back-bar area so that staff are not falling over each other to get to the ice machine.
• Undercounter machines are convenient space-saving options but make sure to choose a front- venting model as these take up less space.
• Remember you will need to regularly clean and service the machine for optimum performance, so check there is easy access from the front to the key components. As ice is a food product the machines need to be cleaned and sanitised regularly to achieve the correct standards of hygiene.
• Simple controls make life easier and mean there will be fewer operator mistakes, ensuring a fresh supply of ice at all times.
• Modern machines should last a long time. Check they are constructed from a stainless steel chassis and a rigid plastic cabinet.
• Some manufacturers have special antimicrobial compounds, integrated into the internal components that are in contact with the ice and water, to inhibit the growth of slime and mould.
• For the freshest tasting ice choose a machine with a water filtration system. This should eliminate the unwanted taste and odour that is a common problem in unfiltered ice machines. Most often the filters are separate cartridges that need to be changed about every six months.
• Try to calculate how much ice is needed per 24 hour period. Don’t underestimate. Once you start serving superb looking and tasting iced drinks customers will come back for more.
Ice-O-Matic ice machines are distributed in the UK by Classeq, part of the Winterhalter UK group. The Ice-O-Matic range includes the ICE Series cube ice machines, which make premium quality cube and half cube ice; flake ice machines, producing high quality flake ice suitable for medical use or for presentation and preservation of fresh meat, poultry and fish, and, pearl ice machines, producing soft, chewable ice crystals. Ice-O-Matic machines are available as modular machines with separate storage bins or as self-contained machines with inbuilt storage.
For information on the Classeq Ice-O-Matic range of ice machines, including details of your nearest stockist, call 0844 2259249.
For more news about Classeq please visit the online press office at The Publicity Works website http://www.publicityworks.biz/
# # #
The Publicity Works offers PR and marketing services in both consumer and B2B markets. Founded in 1990, our specialist team has extensive knowledge and experience of online, traditional and social media. Find out more at www.publicityworks.biz