2. Make wedding invitations
3. Simple yet impressive wedding favors can be made from wrapped ring boxes with bows ($20 for 48) from jewelrysupply.com, filled with miniature wrapped mints, soaps or seeds.
4. Order a small wedding cake decorated with fresh organic flowers for display, and serve guests from a sheet cake.
5. Contact local universities for qualified and inexpensive musicians and photographers. If you emphasize your need for photojournalists or portrait specialists, professors will be able to direct you to their best students.
6. Consider having the wedding party members carry one dramatic stemmed flower, and use bud vases to hold them as part of a stylish head table decoration. Repeat this understated theme on guest tables and avoid expensive fussy arrangements. Try fiftyflowers.com for fragrant purple freesias ...just $149 for 80-100 stems.
7. Hold the ceremony and reception at the same site to save on flowers, decorations, site fees and transportation.
8. Instead of an open bar, serve beer, wine and one signature drink, check out recipes from brides.com.
9. For your reception, consider a brunch, high tea, or late afternoon jazz reception, held during off-peak hours.
10. Silver shoes are great for your wedding and definitely wearable after your event, we found these gorgeous Badgley Mischka shoes for $60 (normally $200) at 6pm.com, also checkout their accessory department for jewelry and bridesmaids gifts.
# # #
The exclusive wedding invitations by Formal-Invitations.com offers two distinct styles; luxurious layers of premium papers adorned with unique embellishments and exclusive custom printed cards featuring vintage designs with a modern color palette. Both options were designed for the modern bride who wants chic, stylish look at an affordable price. Our invitations are available as diy kits, custom printed or as paperless pdf files, for every budget. We are a family-owned business dedicated to providing beautiful, earth-friendly wedding invitations that only look expensive, since 1991.