Omniplex, which announced a record year in 2009/10 followed by a record quarter to end the calendar year, recently denied rumours that it was planning to float on the London Stock Exchange.
“Despite some speculation among commentators and analysts, we have no plans to ‘go public’ at present,” said Omniplex’s managing director, Matthew Lloyd. “For now, we’re just focusing on providing our customers with the very best in e-learning products – which is one reason why we’re looking forward to showing our wares at Learning Technologies this year.”
As the UK’s sole certified Articulate training provider and the only company in the UK to offer the complete range of services relating to the Articulate e-learning authoring tool, Omniplex will be sharing its stand at Learning Technologies with Articulate, the New York-based developers of the ‘Articulate’
Lloyd commented: “Among other things, Omniplex provides both open-enrolment and customised, onsite training in the market-leading e-learning authoring tool, Articulate Studio Pro. Articulate Studio comprises:
• Video Encoder: which allows users to add full-motion video – including video recorded from webcam - to content in any Articulate product.
“At Learning Technologies, in addition to discussing Articulate’s suite of products, Omniplex staff will also be demonstrating the rest of our comprehensive range of integrated learning solutions,” he added. “These encompass the corporate training process, from course development solutions, through delivery and tracking to retention measurement and learning reinforcement.”
Omniplex’s e-learning solutions address the full value-chain of technology-based learning, including learning management systems, authoring tools and services, along with innovative solutions for learning re-enforcement. In addition to the Articulate suite of products, they include the award-winning Absorb LMS; Cameo, a web-based tool which uses ‘push technology’ to provide automated, scheduled, learning re-enforcement via email, and Bloomfire, a contemporary social media tool which provides a way to share knowledge within an organisation or group.
“Whatever learning solution you’re looking for at the Learning Technologies event, Omniplex should be a good place to start,” Lloyd said. “Drop by and meet us on stand 110.”
Now in its 12th year, Learning Technologies has become Europe's leading showcase of organisational learning and the technology used to support learning at work, attracting an audience of 4,000 or so learning and development professionals.
The Articulate suite of rapid development e-learning tools is based on the view that, in today's fast-paced business environment, organisations need to empower people with expert knowledge. This means that organisations must be able to produce employee training/ learning materials quickly and effectively. In turn, this means that the tools that produce these materials must not only be able to create exceptional e-learning content but also be easy to use.
The Articulate Suite of products comprises:
• Video Encoder: allows users to add full-motion video – including video recorded from webcam - to content in any Articulate product.
Articulate products are no strangers to awards. Among the more recent are:
• For the fifth year in succession, Articulate was named a winner in at least one category in the Best of Elearning! 2009 Awards. Articulate Presenter '09 was named Best Presentation Tool and Articulate Quizmaker '09 was named Best Assessment Tool. Studio '09 Pro earned an award of excellence in the Best Rapid Development Tool category.
• Training Media Review (TMR) gave Articulate Studio ‘09 Pro four out of four stars and acclaimed it as one of TMR’s Best Products of 2009.
Omniplex is a leading provider of e-learning and related tools and services for:
• informal learning (ad hoc, peer-to-peer, social learning),
• formal learning (authoring solutions, learning delivery and tracking, and learning reinforcement)
• training, support, content development and integration services
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, in the UK, and in Montreal, Canada, Omniplex supports clients across Europe and North America.
Further information on Omniplex can be found at www.omniplex.co.uk and www.omniplex.biz
Further information from:
Matthew Lloyd, Omniplex Ltd, +44 (0)1442 275304 / 08444 120550; matthew.lloyd@
Bob Little, Bob Little Press & PR, +44 (0)1727 860405; firstname.lastname@example.org