PRLog - Jan. 11, 2011 - SAN DIEGO -- Email: email@example.com
Sophia Ray has released her first EP, aptly named "Unexpected"
Genre: Rock: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
Release Date: December 24, 2010
Recommended if you like
- Avril Lavigne
- Hey Monday
Genres you will love
Rock: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
Moods: Solo Female Artist
Sophia Ray Interview
1. How did you first become involved in the music industry?
I became involved in the music industry after I decided to take vocal lessons. I always enjoyed singing in church or school but really wanted to start singing and writing my own songs.
2. Your new EP, Unexpected, is out now. What can people expect from this album?
I think people will really enjoy the songs. There are only three and they are all different but they represent different times in my life. The lyrics are honest and the songs have great melodies for people to sing along.
3. Your music is very diverse and very technical, yet there is a emotional atmosphere as well. Did you set out to create your style or did that sort of evolve as time went by?
I think it developed as I went through the process. Having a great vocal coach really helped technically but also as I became more confident in my abilities it allowed me to be more focused on connecting with the song.
4. Sometimes when listening to someone perform, influences stand out as result of musical preferences. What are some music groups that you listen to?
I love a variety of different artists. Some of my favorites are Avril Lavigne, Paramore, Katy Perry, Hey Monday, No Doubt. As you can tell I am inspired by female artists.
5. In light of your previous release, what can we expect in 2011 from Sophia Ray?
Now that I have completed my first album I will definitely continue to write music. Hopefully, people will enjoy the Unexpected EP and will be in for a treat for more of my music in 2011.