In the wake of the economic crisis, the insurance industry is facing increased regulatory scrutiny. Nowhere is this more evident than in the areas of AML and OFAC compliance. It is absolutely essential that those responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring AML and OFAC compliance programs for insurance companies keep abreast of industry best practices as well as emerging requirements at both the state and federal levels. However, while insurance companies are expected to be compliant, they have not received much guidance with respect to how best to achieve compliance.
That is why American Conference Institute has created the National Forum on AML and OFAC Compliance for the Insurance Industry. This event has been developed specifi cally for in-house counsel and compliance professionals at insurance and reinsurance companies, as well as their outside counsel, who are responsible for AML and OFAC compliance. Our unparalleled faculty of high-level regulatory and enforcement offi cials from OFAC, IRS, DOJ and FinCEN, AML/OFAC compliance experts from industry leaders, and key outside counsel will provide you with best practices and proven strategies for:
* Evaluating your current AML and OFAC programs and identifying potential pitfalls, areas of concern, and compliance gaps
* Implementing appropriate controls in response to an AML risk assessment
* Monitoring your AML training program, whether internal or external, to ensure its effectiveness
* Identifying the discrete functions in which employees may encounter money laundering “red flags”
* Applying technological solutions to OFAC screening challenges
* Conducting ongoing self-auditing to ensure continuing compliance
* Structuring policies so as to avoid payments that could result in OFAC violations
* Conducting internal investigations of suspected laundering activity
PLUS, add value to your attendance by also registering for the Post-Conference Master Class:
Developing and Implementing an AML Training Program That Will Promote Compliance at All Levels of Your Organization | January 21, 2011 – 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
You will not want to miss this opportunity to find out how others are approaching the challenges of AML and OFAC compliance while networking with industry leaders. Register now by calling 1-888-224-2480 or by faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563. You can also register online at www.AmericanConference.com/
Read more about this at http://www.americanconference.com/
# # #
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.