In this report, Queplix reviews the major challenges associated with the traditional paradigm for Master Data Management (MDM), and introduces a new approach that enables organizations to enhance ROI, speeds implementation time, and reduces risk of project failure.
As outlined by the report, organizations must deal with nine major challenges associated with the current MDM paradigm:
1. "The Big Bang" - unrealistic project scope and time to complete implementation;
2. Manual processes and professional services requirement;
3. Data discovery and gaining visibility into data elements;
4. Complex planning and management;
5. Requirement to transform to MDM model;
6. Painful to achieve synchronization;
7. Cloud architecture and integrating data that does not reside in the data center;
8. Scalability is difficult;
9. Complex maintenance once project is completed.
An alternate approach, called Virtual Master Data Management™ (VMDM), addresses each of these challenges and enables organizations to improve their return on investment, reduce time to implementation and risk of project failure. VMDM brings visibility and enterprise-wide control that simplifies maintenance and enhances compliance and audit. At any level, this new paradigm provides full visibility, from one console, into the state of all aspects of transforms, metadata, metrics on data integration flow and metrics on data integration server performance. To download this report in its entirety, visit www.queplix.com.
Follow Queplix on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/
For parties interested in Queplix, Data virtualization, Data integration, Data integration software, Master data management, MDM, Business intelligence, Composite Software