The survey, of more than 20,000 people world-wide was conducted by the Australian weight-loss website http://www.cleverdietbook.com/
While the Top 10 motivational songs included the big anthems like Holy Grail and Eye of the Tiger, Celine Dion came in at Number 2 and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata came in at Number 7 indicating people losing weight are also looking for love and romance in their lives,” website manager Kelly Clarkson said.
“The list of sad songs such as The End, Virgin Black and Put Down That Weapon show just how deep, dark and desperate the lives of overweight people can become.'
The full survey results are:
1. Holy Grail – Hunters and Collectors
2. My heart will go on – Celine Dion
3. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
4. Highway to the danger zone – Kenny Loggins
5. I'll stand by you – The Pretenders
6. Gloria – Laura Brannigan
7. Moonlight Sonata – Beethoven
8. Hallelujah – KD Lang/ Alexandra youTube version
9. Fame- I'm gonna live forever – Irene Cara
10. Theme from Blackhawk Down movie
Just missing the cut this year are:
1. Like a prayer – Madonna
2.Black Betty – Spiderbait
3.We will rock you – Queen
4. Sisters are doing it for themselves – Eurythmics
AND the top – or worst – 10 songs listened to by depressed and overweight people before starting our program who ticked the low self-esteem box are:
1. I'm a creep – Radiohead
2. Vincent – Don McLean
3.Virgin Black – Lacrimosa
4.Paint it black – Rolling Stones
5.Behind blue eyes – The Who
6. The End – The Doors
7. The Lacrimosa, Mozart Requiem
8. Put down that weapon - Midnight Oil
9.Highway to Hell – AC/DC
10. Crying – Roy Orbison
IF you are feeling sad, lonely or depressed or need emotional support, free helplines are available world-wide. In Australia 24-hour crisis support is available at Lifeline by phoning 13 11 14 or contact police or ambulance on 000 if life is in immediate danger.
PLEASE NOTE: Our website http://www.cleverdietbook.com/
has youTube links to all songs listed in the survey results.
# # #
WORLD'S most effective, cheapest and simplest weight loss philosophy that delivers long-term results. Onlkine support 24/
AIM: Together we can turn around the obesity epidemic.
QUOTE: No army can hold back an idea whose time has come - Napoleon.