Symptoms of TMJ:
• limited movement or locking of the jaw
• painful clicking, popping or grating in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth
• a bite that feels "off'
• ear pain, pressure, and/or ringing in the ears
• decreased hearing
• dizziness and vision problems
• Migraine and or chronic headaches
• Jaw muscle stiffness/pain in head and neck
The good news is that once diagnosed, there are treatment options for TMJ. States Dr. Rhyne, “There are things we can do to help TMJ patients. The first step is realizing that they do not have to live with the pain. Coming in for a consultation is the first step.” For more information about TMJ and treatment options, log onto www.palmettoface.com.
# # #
At Palmetto Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Rhyne, Dr. Shelbourne, and staff go beyond your expectations to provide you with excellent patient care. Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons have advanced training in anesthesia, allowing them to perform procedures safely in the comfort of an outpatient office setting.