PRLog - Nov. 16, 2010 - Immediate release
PR artisan fair
5th Annual Comité Noviembre Puerto Rican Artisans Fair & Exhibit
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2010
Hostos Community College - 450 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY
11AM – 9PM
The Puerto Rican Artisan Fair & Exhibit was established in 2006, in celebration of Comité Noviembre's, 20th anniversary. Over 40 artesanos puertorriqueñ
The artisan fair this Saturday will include the following workshops:
• Taíno Storytelling by Bobby González
• Story of the 3 Kings and making of boxes and crowns by Teresa Santiago
• Wood Working. Making Santos de Palo by Marta Iris Rodriguez
• Spirituality and Taíno Petroglyph Art by Jose Muñoz
• Introduction to Puerto Rican Genealogy by Charlie Fourquet
Performing at the fair:
• Master percussionist Obanilu Allende and the son of world renowned singer Danny Rivera, Daniel Rivera, Jr.
For the past four years, CN has transformed, Hunter College West Building and the Church of St. Paul the Apostle into a typical Puerto Rican plaza with a fountain, palm trees, piragua and coquito carts and artists, sculptors, vejigante mask makers promoting and selling their wares while musical and cultural acts entertained throughout the day. This year will be no different at Hostos. CN will also continue to conduct cultural workshops for children and adults, like mask making, the history of the three kings’ celebration, Taíno storytelling in order to make sure that our youth learn about our culture.
This free fair is an opportunity to kick-off the holiday shopping season by supporting our artesanos.
For more information visit us online at: ComiteNoviembre.org. If you are on Twitter, follow us @comitenoviembre.
# # #
Puerto Rico Sun Communications is an independent community media and art business focusing on the Puerto Rican and US Hispanic niche market. PRSUN is a social entrepreneurship. Our business and social mission is to inform, empower and build community.