This scholarship is offered by Bang On Records Studios and Vocal Coach and Voice Teacher Dominique Gizelle. The scholarship will provide free weekly voice lessons with Ms. Gizelle for one year, a value of more than $3,000. “With so many New Yorkers suffering the effects of the economic downturn, we felt it was the perfect time to give back, and offer a ray of light to a deserving and talented singer who’s encountering financial hardship”, says Ms. Gizelle.
Ms. Gizelle’s vocal program specializes in modern genres of music - Pop/ Rock/ and Musical Theater. Her current students include the 2010 Reach for the Stars 1st place winner Crystalyn Wynter, and 3rd place winner Jaclyn Collins; 2009 Long Island’s Got Talent 1st place winner Christopher Borger (Lion King, Finian’s Rainbow) and several 2009 and 2010 Got Talent competition finalists. More than half of her current students are professional vocalists including Broadway performers and recording artists.
Those who apply will be considered on the basis of artistic ability, demonstrated financial need, drive and determination.
Interested applicants should submit:
· Complete contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc..), submitted by a parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years old.
· A letter of recommendation – from anyone who believes in and supports the applicant
· Two references – one personal references, and one academic or professional reference
· Either a written personal statement or a link to a video recorded personal statement (no longer than 3 minutes). The statement should include information about why the applicant loves singing, their musical aspirations and goals, and an explanation of their circumstances, hardship and financial need for the scholarship (Examples: Job loss, Home foreclosure, US Veteran, Single Parent, etc…).
· A link to a video recording of the applicant singing
· Any websites where video, audio or more information can be found about the applicant
· Availability – Days and times the applicant is available for attending lessons on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays between 3:00 PM and 9:00 PM, and Saturdays between 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Submissions may be emailed to: information@
Applicants must be legal US residents and have weekly transportation to Bang On Records Studios in Bellmore, N.Y., a passion for voice, a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
Applications are being accepted now through the submission deadline of: March 31, 2011. The winner will be announced by April 30, 2011.
FOR MORE INFORMATION or questions about the scholarship you may call: Dominique Gizelle (516) 221-3095 or email: information@
Bang On Records Studios is a music production studio and lesson facility owned and operated by partners Dominique Gizelle and Paul Biondi, who compose and produce music for film, television and media, and provide professional track voice lessons and guitar lessons. Their expertise is also available for artists; songwriters and film, television and media production companies. For more information, please visit www.bangonrecords.com
Join us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/
# # #
Bang On Records Studios provides professional track Voice lessons and Guitar lessons to LI and NYC area artists and musicians.
Partners Dominique Gizelle and Paul Biondi also compose and produce music for film and television.